1. Belonging to some prior time.
5. Having deserted a cause or principle.
13. Fossil fuel consisting of carbonized vegetable matter deposited in the Carboniferous period.
17. United States feminist (1885-1977).
18. Disposed or willing to comply.
19. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
20. A republic consisting of 26 of 32 counties comprising the island of Ireland.
21. Emanating from God.
22. Melon having yellowish rind and whitish flesh.
24. Large swift fly the female of which sucks blood of various animals.
26. Disparaging terms for the common people.
27. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
28. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
30. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
32. Capable of being acted.
36. An associate degree in nursing.
38. A training program to prepare college students to be commissioned officers.
42. Pertaining to animals or animal life or action.
43. An honorary degree in science.
45. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
47. A Bantu language.
48. The month following September and preceding November.
49. The language or speech of one individual at a particular period in life.
52. A victory (as in a race or other competition).
53. Coming next after the second and just before the fourth in position.
56. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
57. A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.
59. Oil palms.
61. A city in northwestern Switzerland.
64. A social unit living together.
65. A city in northeastern Ohio.
66. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
67. A state in midwestern United States.
68. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
70. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
71. An informal term for a father.
72. Having hills and crags.
78. Slightly open.
80. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
81. A public promotion of some product or service.
83. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
84. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
85. The vein in the center of a leaf.
88. Related by common characteristics or ancestry.
90. An accountant certified by the state.
93. An inflammatory complication of leprosy that results in painful skin lesions on the arms and legs and face.
94. A durable fabric formerly loomed by hand in China from natural cotton having a yellowish color.
96. Harmony of people's opinions or actions or characters.
98. (informal) Of the highest quality.
99. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
100. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
102. The cry made by sheep.
103. A boy or man.
104. Very attentive or observant.
105. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
106. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
107. The compass point midway between south and west.
1. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
2. Horny plate covering and protecting part of the dorsal surface of the digits.
3. A medicine or therapy that cures disease or relieve pain.
4. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
5. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
6. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
7. A river in northwestern Russia flowing generally west into the Gulf of Finland.
8. Something that baffles understanding and cannot be explained.
9. A sulfonamide (trade name Gantanol) used to treat infections (especially infections of the urinary tract).
10. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
11. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
12. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
13. Dried bark of the cascara buckthorn used as a laxative.
14. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
15. A French abbot.
16. Weight to be borne or conveyed.
23. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
25. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
29. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
31. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
33. Of or relating to the cochlea of the ear.
34. Old master of the Venetian school (1490-1576).
35. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
37. A large estate in Spanish-speaking countries.
39. United States assassin of President John F. Kennedy (1939-1963).
40. An antineoplastic drug used to treat certain malignancies.
41. Of a vivid red to reddish-orange color.
44. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
46. A large stringed instrument.
50. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
51. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
54. A rare soft orange mineral consisting of arsenic sulphide.
55. The site of an archeological exploration.
58. Of or relating to or characteristic of Korea or its people or language.
60. The compass point that is one point east of southeast.
62. A soft silver-white or yellowish metallic element of the alkali metal group.
63. British informal term.
69. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
73. (of eggs) No longer edible.
74. Russian composer (1804-1857).
75. Being the only one.
76. Any movable possession (especially articles of clothing).
77. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
79. German mathematician (1804-1851).
82. The capital and chief port and largest city of Senegal.
86. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
87. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
89. Being or located on or directed toward the side of the body to the west when facing north.
91. Capital and largest city of the Czech Republic.
92. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
95. The compass point that is midway between north and northeast.
97. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
98. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
101. A radioactive element of the actinide series.