1. An emergency procedure consisting of external cardiac massage and artificial respiration.
4. Any of various hard resins from trees of the family Dipterocarpaceae and of the genus Agathis.
9. The British system of withholding tax.
13. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
16. A tool with a flat blade attached at right angles to a long handle.
17. Lower in esteem.
18. Beside one another in a row or rank.
19. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
20. Of southern Europe.
21. West Indian evergreen with medium to long leaves.
22. Give over.
23. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
24. Young of any of various canines such as a dog or wolf.
26. German bacteriologist who found a `magic bullet' to cure syphilis and was a pioneer in the study of immunology (1854-1915).
30. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
32. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
34. A city and port in northern Jutland.
40. One thousand grams.
41. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
43. Of or relating to a caesura.
46. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
48. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
50. A sliver-white metallic element of the platinum group that resembles platinum.
51. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
52. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
56. A city in northern India.
57. Time for Earth to make a complete rotation on its axis.
59. 100 aurar equal 1 krona.
61. A decree that prohibits something.
62. Old World genus of annual to perennial herbs.
64. A deceitful and unreliable scoundrel.
65. (Norse mythology) God of poetry and music.
67. A river in northern England that flows southeast through West Yorkshire.
68. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
70. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
72. Largest known toad species.
73. A quantity of no importance.
74. An associate degree in nursing.
75. A doctor's degree in education.
77. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
79. A state in east central United States.
80. A humorous anecdote or remark.
82. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
84. (used of persons or the military) Characterized by having or bearing arms.
88. A thick fatty oil (especially one used to lubricate machinery).
92. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
95. A genus of Ploceidae.
96. Causing great physical or mental suffering.
98. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
99. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
100. Tastelessly showy.
102. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
104. A United States unit of weight equivalent to 2000 pounds.
105. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
106. (music) The speed at which a composition is to be played.
107. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
108. Either extremity of something that has length.
1. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
2. (informal) Elegant and fashionable.
3. An official or legal cancellation.
4. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Daypro).
5. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
6. (trademark) A liquid that temporarily disables a person.
7. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
8. Arm again.
9. Promoting peace.
10. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
11. The 10th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
12. A member of a people living in southern Benin and Togo and southeastern Ghana.
13. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
14. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
15. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
25. 1 species.
27. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
28. Hardy evergreen dioecious shrubs and small trees from Japan.
29. A bachelor's degree in religion.
31. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
33. (computer science) A computer that is running software that allows users to leave messages and access information of general interest.
35. Youthful appearance in an old person.
36. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
37. The basic unit of money in Ghana.
38. American admiral who commanded Union ships during the American Civil War (1801-1870).
39. Of or relating to Albania or its people or language or culture.
42. A member of the Algonquian people of Maine and southern Quebec.
44. South American cavy.
45. A motley assortment of things.
47. French soldier said to be fearless and chivalrous (1473-1524).
49. A genus of Mustelidae.
53. Talks a great deal about uninteresting topics.
54. A unit of apothecary weight equal to 480 grains or one twelfth of a pound.
55. Patron saint of Wales (circa 520-600).
58. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
60. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
63. Feeling mild pleasurable excitement.
66. Disparaging terms for the common people.
69. A word or phrase spelled by rearranging the letters of another word or phrase.
70. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
71. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
76. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
78. An associate degree in applied science.
81. Understanding of the nature or meaning or quality or magnitude of something.
82. A human limb.
83. Make less active or intense.
84. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
85. Water falling in drops from vapor condensed in the atmosphere.
86. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
87. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
89. The persistence of a sound after its source has stopped.
90. Rock that form the continuous lower layer of the earth's crust.
91. A town in north central Oklahoma.
93. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
94. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
97. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
101. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
103. A public promotion of some product or service.