1. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
4. A flowering shrub bearing currants or gooseberries.
9. A Loloish language.
13. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
16. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
17. Of or relating to Oman or its people.
18. Precipitation of ice pellets when there are strong rising air currents.
19. An ancient Hebrew unit of capacity equal to 10 baths or 10 ephahs.
20. A town in southeastern New Mexico on the Pecos River near the Mexican border.
23. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
24. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
25. Jordan's port.
27. About three feet long exclusive of tail.
28. Of a temperature scale that registers the freezing point of water as 32 degrees F and the boiling point as 212 degrees F at one atmosphere of pressure.
31. A soft silver-white or yellowish metallic element of the alkali metal group.
33. Tag the base runner to get him out.
34. A unit of energy equal to the work done by an electron accelerated through a potential difference of 1 volt.
37. Situated at an apex.
41. Someone who practices homosexuality.
43. A fibrous amphibole.
47. Flat tableland with steep edges.
48. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
50. The 3 goddesses of fate or destiny.
52. Stem of the rattan palm used for making canes and umbrella handles.
54. A bachelor's degree in religion.
55. A large gathering of people intended to arouse enthusiasm.
56. An unbroken or imperfectly broken mustang.
57. A sudden short attack.
60. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
61. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
62. A herbaceous plant genus of the family Linaceae with small sessile leaves.
63. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
64. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
66. Australian clover fern.
68. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
69. Accumulation in the blood of nitrogen-bearing waste products (urea) that are usually excreted in the urine.
71. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
72. The eleventh month of the civil year.
73. A facial expression of contempt or scorn.
76. Of or relating to Iraq or its people or culture.
79. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
80. A state in New England.
82. (statistics) Any of nine points that divided a distribution of ranked scores into equal intervals where each interval contains one-tenth of the scores.
87. An impudent or insolent rejoinder.
90. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
91. Of or relating to or containing cerium especially with valence 4.
93. (Welsh myth) The other world.
95. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
96. A former monetary unit in Great Britain.
98. Specified in advance.
100. Hinge joint in the human leg connecting the tibia and fibula with the femur and protected in front by the patella.
101. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
102. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
103. Detected or perceived by the sense of hearing.
104. Chief port of Yemen.
105. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
106. A gray lustrous metallic element of the rare earth group.
1. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
2. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
3. A unit of weight for precious stones = 200 mg.
4. Erect plant with small clusters of pink trumpet-shaped flowers of southwestern United States.
5. Tropical American tree with large peltate leaves and hollow stems.
6. The cry made by sheep.
7. Any ameba of the genus Endamoeba.
8. A complete metric system of units of measurement for scientists.
9. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
10. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
11. Step on it.
12. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
13. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
14. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
15. (informal) Exceptionally good.
21. An extensive grassy and nearly treeless plain (especially in Latin America).
22. The airforce of Great Britain.
26. A Ukrainian peninsula between the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov.
29. An associate degree in applied science.
30. A unit of power equal to 746 watts.
32. A member of a Rotary Club.
35. Italian operatic composer (1813-1901).
36. A thrusting blow with a knife.
38. The lowermost portion of a structure partly or wholly below ground level.
39. Robber flies.
40. A beloved lady.
42. Any of numerous fruits of the gourd family having a hard rind and sweet juicy flesh.
44. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
45. A white trivalent metallic element.
46. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
49. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
51. The father of your father or mother.
53. Of or relating to an inability to urinate.
58. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
59. (Babylonian) Earth goddess.
65. Being one more than two.
67. True firs.
70. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
74. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
75. English courtier (a favorite of Elizabeth I) who tried to colonize Virginia.
77. English illustrator of several of Dickens' novels (1815-1882).
78. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
81. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
83. Very dark black.
84. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
85. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
86. Any tree or shrub of the genus Inga having pinnate leaves and showy usually white flowers.
88. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
89. A vehicle mounted on runners and pulled by horses or dogs.
92. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
94. A woman religious.
97. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
99. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.