1. A state-chartered savings bank owned by its depositors and managed by a board of trustees.
4. An autonomous area in northeastern Greece that is the site of several Greek Orthodox monasteries founded in the tenth century.
9. God of love and erotic desire.
13. A former monetary unit in Great Britain.
16. A pointed tool for marking surfaces or for punching small holes.
17. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
18. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
19. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
20. An epigrammatic Japanese verse form of three short lines.
22. Having or showing markings that resemble veins.
24. Find repugnant.
26. Acknowledge a new land owner as one's landlord, of tenants.
28. South Asian deer with three-tined antlers.
30. (the feminine of raja) A Hindu princess or the wife of a raja.
31. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
32. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
33. A permanent council of the United Nations.
35. A white trivalent metallic element.
37. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
39. Capital and largest city of Cuba.
41. Payment due by the recipient on delivery.
46. Being one more than one hundred.
49. Above the surround or above the normal position.
53. A set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge.
55. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
56. Any of several small dull-colored singing birds feeding on seeds or insects.
57. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
58. The capital and largest city of Bavaria in southeastern Germany.
59. (Sumerian) God of the air and king of the Sumerian gods.
61. A unit of electrical power in an AC circuit equal to the power dissipated when 1 volt produces a current of 1 ampere.
62. Especially a leaf of grass or the broad portion of a leaf as distinct from the petiole.
63. The azimuth of a celestial body is the angle between the vertical plane containing it and the plane of the meridian.
64. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
65. Cloth covering that forms the part of a garment below the waist.
66. A state in New England.
67. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
72. A roll of photographic film holding a series of frames to be projected by a movie projector.
73. The square of a body of any size of type.
74. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
76. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
77. Showily imitative of art or artists.
80. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
84. The act of scanning.
86. An Asian river.
88. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
92. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
95. A commercial leavening agent containing yeast cells.
97. The month following February and preceding April.
98. The compass point that is one point north of due west.
99. A member of an American Indian peoples of NE South America and the Lesser Antilles.
100. The seventh month of the Hindu calendar.
101. A city in the European part of Russia.
102. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
103. Argentine armadillo with six movable bands and hairy underparts.
104. A small cake leavened with yeast.
105. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
1. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
2. A sharp blow.
3. A bachelor's degree in literature.
4. (Zoroastrianism) Title for benevolent deities.
5. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
6. The virus that causes acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS).
7. A port city of south central Ukraine on an arm of the Black Sea.
8. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
9. The quarter of many North African cities in which the citadel is located.
10. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
11. Informal terms for a mother.
12. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
13. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
14. A university town in east central Maine on the Penobscot River north of Bangor.
15. Of or relating to or containing barium.
21. A cosmetic preparation used by women in Egypt and Arabia to darken the edges of their eyelids.
23. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
25. (of skin) Having a tan color from exposure to the sun.
27. A rechargeable battery with a nickel cathode and a cadmium anode.
29. A new appraisal or evaluation.
34. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
36. A lump of material formed from the content of a liquid.
38. Being nine more than ninety.
40. A condition in which little or no bile is secreted or the flow of bile into the digestive tract is obstructed.
42. English aristocrat who was the first wife of Prince Charles.
43. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
44. A festival featuring African-American culture.
45. A loose and crumbling earthy deposit consisting mainly of calcite or dolomite.
47. A spot that is open late at night and that provides entertainment (as singers or dancers) as well as dancing and food and drink.
48. In a clever manner.
50. A tiny or scarcely detectable amount.
51. A long pointed rod used as a weapon.
52. A social division of (usually preliterate) people.
54. Spanish Jesuit missionary who establish missionaries in Japan and Ceylon and the East Indies (1506-1552).
60. A bachelor's degree in science.
66. A village of huts for native Africans in southern Africa.
68. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
69. The ability to form mental images of things or events.
70. (informal) Exceptionally good.
71. An (apparently) flying object whose nature is unknown.
75. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
78. Hardened sugary exudation of various trees.
79. Usually paved outdoor area adjoining a residence.
81. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
82. Small shrubby African tree having compound leaves and racemes of small fragrant green flowers.
83. A genus of Lamnidae.
85. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
86. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
87. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
89. An Asian river between China and Russia.
90. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
91. Toward the mouth or oral region.
93. A protocol developed for the internet to get data from one network device to another.
94. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
96. Support resembling the rib of an animal.