1. A shaped mass of baked bread.
5. Of an inactive stage in the development of some insects, between the larval and the pupal stages.
13. Goddess of fertility.
17. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
18. English poet (1618-1857).
19. Socially incorrect in behavior.
20. An Iranian language spoken in Afghanistan.
21. A soft silvery metallic element.
22. Exalt to the skies.
23. Wild goat of mountain areas of Eurasia and North Africa having large recurved horns.
24. Fragrant resin obtain from trees of the family Burseraceae and used as incense.
26. Spin or twist together so as to form a cord.
29. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
31. Horizontal beam used as a finishing piece over a door or window.
33. An island republic in the west central Pacific just south of the equator.
37. The quarter of many North African cities in which the citadel is located.
40. Fear resulting from the awareness of danger.
41. A zodiacal constellation in northern hemisphere between Cancer and Virgo.
44. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
45. A radioactive metallic element that is similar to tellurium and bismuth.
46. A slight indication.
47. Evergreen tree of New Zealand resembling the kawaka.
51. Armor plate that protects the chest.
53. The federal department that administers federal program dealing with better housing and urban renewal.
55. A proportion multiplied by 100.
56. A broad flat muscle on either side of the back.
57. Any of a class of organic compounds that contain the divalent radical -CONHCO-.
59. A native or inhabitant of Afghanistan.
62. Vice President under Eisenhower and 37th President of the United States.
63. Be compatible or in accordance with.
64. Brightest star in Centaurus.
65. Occurring at the beginning.
67. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
68. Moth having nonfunctional mouthparts as adults.
69. Equally distant from the extremes.
73. A Mid-Atlantic state.
74. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
75. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
78. By bad luck.
80. Special design or visual object representing a quality, type, group, etc..
83. Characterized by a lightly pert and exuberant quality.
85. An anxiety disorder associated with serious traumatic events and characterized by such symptoms as guilt about surviving or reliving the trauma in dreams or numbness and lack of involvement with reality or recurrent thoughts and images.
88. A low heavy horsecart without sides.
91. Black tropical American cuckoo.
94. An informal term for a father.
96. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
97. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
98. A long backless sofa (usually with pillows against a wall).
99. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
100. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
2. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
3. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
4. Third month of the Revolutionary calendar (November and December).
5. One of the strands twisted together to make yarn or rope or thread.
6. United States parliamentary authority and author (in 1876) of Robert's Rules of Order (1837-1923).
7. A unit of energy equal to the work done by an electron accelerated through a potential difference of 1 volt.
8. British politician (1788-1850).
9. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
10. An archaic name for Easter or Passover.
11. Red pear-shaped tropical fruit with poisonous seeds.
12. A field covered with grass or herbage and suitable for grazing by livestock.
13. Be iridescent.
14. A residential district located on the outskirts of a city.
15. In the Roman calendar.
16. The fourth of the seven canonical hours.
25. A ballistic missile that is capable of traveling from one continent to another.
27. Something resembling the head of a nail that is used an an ornamental device.
28. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
30. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
32. A state in northwestern North America.
34. Make lighter or brighter.
35. Antihypertensive consisting of an alkaloid extracted from the plant Rauwolfia serpentina (trade names Raudixin or Rau-Sed or Sandril or Serpasil).
36. A person who causes or allows a part of the body to come in contact with someone or something.
38. Relating to bees or beekeeping.
39. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
42. Conspicuously and tastelessly indecent.
43. Any of several aromatic herbs having edible seeds and leaves and stems.
48. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
49. A drop of the clear salty saline solution secreted by the lacrimal glands.
50. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
52. Scandinavian punch made of claret and aquavit with spices and raisins and orange peel and sugar.
54. French otologist who first described a form of vertigo now known as Meniere's disease and identified the semicircular canals as the site of the lesion (1799-1862).
58. In a mildly insane manner.
60. Of or relating to or involving an area.
66. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
70. Any plant of the genus Reseda.
71. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
72. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
76. Goods (or wreckage) on the sea bed that is attached to a buoy so that it can be recovered.
77. (Irish) Ancient Irish god (probably a god of the sun).
79. An ancient upright stone slab bearing markings.
80. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
81. The template for protein synthesis.
82. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
84. Not only so, but.
86. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
87. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
89. Rate of revolution of a motor.
90. The bill in a restaurant.
92. A bachelor's degree in religion.
93. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
95. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.