1. Piece of solid food for dipping in a liquid.
4. A sudden short attack.
8. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
12. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
16. An accountant certified by the state.
17. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
18. Being or occurring in fact or actuality.
19. Dearly loved.
20. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
21. Indian sitar player who popularized classical Indian music in the West (born in 1920).
23. Generic term for inflammatory conditions of the skin.
24. Expletives used informally as intensifiers.
26. An organism especially a bacterium that requires air or free oxygen for life.
27. A young woman making her debut into society.
28. A doctor's degree in optometry.
32. (possibly Roman) Goddess of horses and mules and asses.
34. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
35. Being two more than ninety.
39. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
43. Any disease of the throat or fauces marked by spasmodic attacks of intense suffocative pain.
45. The capital and largest city of Hawaii.
47. The driver of a wagon.
49. German industrialist who was the first in Germany to use an assembly line in manufacturing automobiles (1871-1948).
50. Mix together different elements.
53. Employed in accomplishing something.
54. A broad flat muscle on either side of the back.
56. A feudal lord or baron in Scotland.
58. The principal dish of a meal.
60. Empty rhetoric or insincere or exaggerated talk.
62. Being two more than fifty.
63. Shrubby climbers of tropical America.
65. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
67. A vehicle mounted on runners and pulled by horses or dogs.
68. Type genus of Ochnaceae.
70. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
72. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
74. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
75. An edict of the Russian tsar.
77. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
79. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
82. Struck with fear, dread, or consternation.
85. The Muskhogean language of the Choctaw people.
88. Retinal protein formed by the action of light on rhodopsin.
90. Wood of a larch tree.
91. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
92. A line spoken by an actor to the audience but not intended for others on the stage.
94. An informal term for a father.
96. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
97. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
98. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
99. Very dark black.
100. A loud harsh or strident noise.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
3. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
4. Any plant of the genus Reseda.
5. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
6. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
7. The Teutonic god of thunder.
8. Brazilian tree with handsomely marked wood.
9. Dormouse of southern Europe and northern Africa.
10. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
11. On or toward the lee.
12. An edge tool used to cut and shape wood.
13. Poor enough to need help from others.
14. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
15. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
22. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
25. Of or relating to the region of Mongolia or its people or their languages or cultures.
29. A convex molding having a cross section in the form of a quarter of a circle or of an ellipse.
30. Go "ding dong", like a bell.
31. The quality of being logically valid.
33. A clear colorless volatile liquid (alcohol) used as a solvent and antiseptic.
36. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
37. On your knees n.
38. In football.
40. Having tucked or being tucked.
41. Small Asian deer with small antlers and a cry like a bark.
42. A festival featuring African-American culture.
44. The inner sole of a shoe or boot.
46. Any of numerous plants having stinging hairs that cause skin irritation on contact (especially of the genus Urtica or family Urticaceae) v 1.
48. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
51. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
52. Inactivity resulting from a dislike of work.
55. (in Scotland or Ireland) A mountain or tall hill.
57. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
59. Pungent fleshy edible root.
61. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
64. Capital and largest city of Italy.
66. A civil or military authority in Turkey or Egypt.
69. Thrown together in a pile.
71. A garment (coat or sweater) that has raglan sleeves.
73. Lower in esteem.
76. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
77. A state in New England.
78. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
80. A blind god.
81. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
83. Interface consisting of a standard port between a computer and its peripherals that is used in some computers.
84. At a specific prior time.
86. An associate degree in applied science.
87. The bill in a restaurant.
89. Tag the base runner to get him out.
93. A state in midwestern United States.
95. An uproarious party.