1. The residue that remains when something is burned.
4. Formerly a term of respect for important white Europeans in colonial India.
9. A young woman.
13. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
16. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
17. (possibly Roman) Goddess of horses and mules and asses.
18. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
19. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
20. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
21. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
22. Deeply moved.
23. A decree that prohibits something.
24. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
26. Made of grated potato and egg with a little flour.
29. United States computer entrepreneur whose software company made him the youngest multi-billionaire in the history of the United States (born in 1955).
31. A language of Australian aborigines.
33. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
36. A gray tetravalent metallic element that resembles zirconium chemically and is found in zirconium minerals.
38. Identified with a band especially around a leg.
41. A secret society of white Southerners to resist Black emancipation.
42. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
46. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
47. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
48. A festival featuring African-American culture.
50. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
52. The upper angle between an axis and an offshoot such as a branch or leafstalk.
53. Soviet statesman and head of state of the USSR (1875-1946).
55. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
57. A very attractive or seductive looking woman.
58. The syllable naming the fifth (dominant) note of any musical scale in solmization.
59. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
62. A ballistic missile that is capable of traveling from one continent to another.
65. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
69. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
70. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
71. Type genus of the Nepidae.
73. An antianxiety agent (trade name Xanax) of the benzodiazepine class.
76. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
78. (prosody) Of or consisting of iambs.
82. Steady recurrent ticking sound as made by a clock.
85. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
89. A short aria.
91. A deficiency of red blood cells.
93. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
94. A local computer network for communication between computers.
95. American dramatist (1928- ).
97. A student who studies excessively.
98. The compass point that is midway between north and northeast.
99. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
100. City in Sudan.
101. A unit of perceived loudness equal to the loudness of a 1000-hertz tone at 40 dB above threshold.
102. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
1. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
2. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
3. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
4. A shade of brown with a tinge of red.
5. Remote and separate physically or socially.
6. Solid-hoofed herbivorous quadruped domesticated since prehistoric times.
7. A liquid used for printing or writing or drawing.
8. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
9. One who suffers for the sake of principle.
10. Of or relating to Iraq or its people or culture.
11. Unreasonable and inordinate self-esteem (personified as one of the deadly sins).
12. Be seated.
13. Humorously vulgar.
14. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
15. A native or inhabitant of Denmark.
25. Pertaining to or associated with agony (especially death agonies).
27. A public promotion of some product or service.
28. A Japanese cheer of enthusiasm or triumph.
30. Cloak consisting of an oblong piece of cloth used to cover the head and shoulders.
32. The cry made by sheep.
34. Extended meanings.
35. An acute viral disease of the nervous system of warm-blooded animals (usually transmitted by the bite of a rabid animal).
37. An implement consisting of handle with a free swinging stick at the end.
39. Provide with clothes or put clothes on.
40. A nonenterprising person who is not paying his way.
43. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
44. The feeling of being bored by something tedious.
45. The 2nd longest European river.
49. A quantity of no importance.
51. Leave voluntarily.
54. A state in southeastern United States between the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico.
56. Half the width of an em.
60. A card game for 2 players.
61. Unpleasantly cool and humid.
63. A metric unit of volume equal to one thousandth of a liter.
64. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
66. Indicating exactness or preciseness.
67. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
68. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
72. (music) The speed at which a composition is to be played.
74. A city of central China.
75. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
77. A switch made from the stems of the rattan palms.
78. The products of human creativity.
79. Any of various perennials of the genus Geum having usually pinnate basal leaves and variously colored flowers.
80. A rotary duplicator that uses a stencil through which ink is pressed (trade mark Roneo).
81. (in Scotland) A child.
83. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
84. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
86. Long and thin and often limp.
87. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
88. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
90. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
92. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
96. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).