1. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
4. A town in north central Oklahoma.
8. The probability of a specified outcome.
12. An account describing incidents or events.
16. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
17. A linear unit (1/6 inch) used in printing.
18. A loud bombastic declamation expressed with strong emotion.
19. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
20. Pertaining to or resembling amoebae.
22. Soviet physicist who worked on low temperature physics (1908-1968).
24. Providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities.
25. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
26. Submerged freshwater perennials.
27. Effusively sociable.
29. The third month of the civil year.
31. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
32. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
33. One thousandth of a second.
35. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
38. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
42. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
45. Type genus of the Phocidae.
48. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
50. Having been read.
52. A linear unit of the size of type slightly larger than an em.
54. A chorus that sings as part of a religious ceremony.
55. Not in action or at work.
56. A radioactive transuranic element.
57. (Greek mythology) The goddess of the hearth and its fire in ancient mythology.
59. A person active in party politics.
60. Alcoholic drink from fermented cider (`cider' and `cyder' are European (especially British) usage for the fermented beverage).
62. (informal) Of the highest quality.
64. A female member of a royal family other than the queen (especially the daughter of a sovereign).
66. Sour or bitter in taste.
67. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
69. A deep pulsating type of pain.
70. Not widely known.
73. Informal terms for a mother.
74. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
76. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
82. Informal terms for a (young) woman.
84. State in northeastern India.
87. Small low-growing annual or perennial herbs of temperate and cool regions.
91. Station where transport vehicles load or unload passengers or goods.
94. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
96. Large bamboo having thick-walled culms.
98. Type genus of the Nepidae.
99. A program under which employees regularly accumulate shares and may ultimately assume control of the company.
100. Made ready or fit or suitable beforehand.
102. A branch of the Tai languages.
103. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
104. Not necessary.
105. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. Having the wind against the forward side of the sails.
2. A river in southeastern Australia that flows generally northwest to join the Darling River.
3. Optical instrument consisting of a pair of lenses for correcting defective vision.
4. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
5. An ancient Assyrian city on the River Tigris across from the modern city of Mosul in the northern part of what is now known a Iraq.
6. Being nine more than ninety.
7. Herb of the Pacific islands grown throughout the tropics for its edible root and in temperate areas as an ornamental for its large glossy leaves.
8. Having a difficult and contrary disposition.
9. An informal term for a father.
10. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
11. A plaster now made mostly from Portland cement and sand and lime.
12. A famous chief of the Shawnee who tried to unite Indian tribes against the increasing white settlement (1768-1813).
13. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
14. One of the jointed appendages of an animal used for locomotion or grasping.
15. Catch sight of.
21. Any of various aromatic resinous substances used for healing and soothing.
23. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
28. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
30. Apparent power to perceive things that are not present to the senses.
34. An ornament (such as a knot of ribbon or a rosette) usually worn on the hat.
36. The speed of an aircraft relative to the air in which it is flying.
37. A race run on foot.
39. Marked by suitability or rightness or appropriateness.
40. Woolly aphids.
41. A town in southeastern New Mexico on the Pecos River near the Mexican border.
43. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
44. A large crater caused by the violent explosion of a volcano that collapses into a depression.
46. Being one more than one hundred.
47. Small dry indehiscent fruit with the seed distinct from the fruit wall.
49. Less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so.
51. United States industrialist who manufactured plows suitable for working the prairie soil (1804-1886).
53. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
58. Being one more than one.
61. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
63. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
65. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
68. Robber flies.
71. British informal term.
72. A slight amount or degree of difference.
75. Fallow deer.
77. A boy or man.
78. An official or legal cancellation.
79. An informal term for a father.
80. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
81. With the mouth wide open as in wonder or awe.
83. A faint constellation in the polar region of the southern hemisphere and containing part of the Large Magellanic Cloud.
84. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
85. A framework that holds the panes of a window in the window frame.
86. Wild plum of northeastern United States having dark purple fruits with yellow flesh.
88. A primeval personification of air and breath.
89. An aromatic ointment used in antiquity.
90. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
92. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
93. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
95. (computer science) The part of a computer (a microprocessor chip) that does most of the data processing.
97. A doctor's degree in education.
101. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.