1. A light touch or stroke.
4. A wound made by cutting.
9. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
13. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
16. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
17. The capital and largest city of Lithuania.
18. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
19. A boy or man.
20. The cry made by sheep.
21. Enclose in a bower.
23. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
25. A large fleet.
27. A short high tone produced as a signal or warning.
29. Treated with contempt.
30. Family based on male descent.
32. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
34. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Clinoril).
39. (of molten metal or glass) Formed by pouring or pressing into a mold n 1.
43. Make a plat of.
44. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
45. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
46. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
47. Before noon.
48. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
49. A Java application.
52. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
54. Scandinavian liquor usually flavored with caraway seeds.
56. Generic term for inflammatory conditions of the skin.
59. A genus of Ploceidae.
61. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
62. The cognitive process of understanding a written linguistic message.
64. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
65. Game in which matchsticks are arranged in rows and players alternately remove one or more of them.
66. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
67. Extremely pleasing.
69. The presence of an unwanted signal via an accidental coupling.
70. Of southern Europe.
73. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
74. A large mass of ice floating at sea.
76. An emotion experienced in anticipation of some specific pain or danger (usually accompanied by a desire to flee or fight).
78. A genus of temperate and arctic evergreen trees (see spruce).
80. Lower in esteem.
83. Dried out by heat or excessive exposure to sunlight.
84. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
86. A region of northeastern France famous for its wines.
91. Slightly open.
93. Whiten with Blanco.
94. Someone who obtains pleasure from inflicting pain or others.
96. The center of an object.
97. A score in baseball made by a runner touching all four bases safely.
98. A system of one or more computers and associated software with common storage.
100. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
101. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
102. Not divisible by two.
103. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
104. United States sculptor (1860-1936).
105. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. The sixth month of the civil year.
3. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
4. A Scandinavian kingdom in the eastern part of the Scandinavian Peninsula.
5. A genus of Pleuronectidae.
6. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
7. A person regarded as arrogant and annoying.
8. A long loud emotional utterance.
9. Breed of large wiry-coated terrier bred in Yorkshire.
10. A unit of luminous flux equal to the amount of light given out through a solid angle of 1 steradian by a point source of 1 candela intensity radiating uniformly in all directions.
11. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
12. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
13. Cry plaintively.
14. A rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders).
15. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
22. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
24. A card game played in casinos in which two or more punters gamble against the banker.
26. Troubled emotionally and usually deeply.
28. Pearl oysters.
31. American dwarf fan palms.
33. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
35. A dicot family of the order Urticales including.
36. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
37. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
38. French novelist (1901-1976).
40. Tranquilizer (trade name Ativan) used to treat anxiety and tension and insomnia.
41. Exposing human folly to ridicule.
42. A plant of the genus Kniphofia having long grasslike leaves and tall scapes of red or yellow drooping flowers.
50. An informal term for a father.
51. A unit of potential equal to a thousand volts.
53. A popular vacation spot in the Canadian Rockies.
55. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
57. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
58. Destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle.
60. An insecticide that is also toxic to animals and humans.
63. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
68. Tall feather palm of northern Brazil with hard-shelled nuts yielding valuable oil and a kind of vegetable ivory.
69. A long loud emotional utterance.
71. A fraudulent business scheme.
72. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
73. Cry plaintively.
75. Wild or seedling sweet cherry used as stock for grafting.
77. A Hindu prince or king in India.
79. The first light of day.
80. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
81. Egyptian statesman who (as President of Egypt) negotiated a peace treaty with Menachem Begin of Israel (1918-1981).
82. Any plant of the genus Erica.
84. Of inferior or mixed breed.
85. (Greek mythology) The Titaness who was mother of Helios and Selene and Eos in ancient mythology.
87. (Welsh) A warrior god.
88. A loose material consisting of grains of rock or coral.
89. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
90. A sodium salt of carbonic acid.
93. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
95. 3 to 30 gigahertz.
99. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.