1. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
5. A French abbot.
9. The basic unit of money in South Africa.
13. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
16. On or toward the lee.
17. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
18. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
19. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
20. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
21. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
23. Shaped to fit by or as if by altering the contours of a pliable mass (as by work or effort).
25. A member of the Mongolian people of central Asia who invaded Russia in the 13th century.
27. To a severe or serious degree.
28. A written agreement between two states or sovereigns.
29. A spot that is open late at night and that provides entertainment (as singers or dancers) as well as dancing and food and drink.
32. A collection of Psalms for liturgical use.
39. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
40. Set in type.
44. Smaller of two tall fast-running flightless birds similar to ostriches but three-toed.
45. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
46. Of or at or relating to an anode.
48. Type genus of the Gliridae.
49. Remove from memory or existence.
53. Informal terms for a meal.
54. Wild and menacing.
55. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
57. The former capital and 2nd largest city of Brazil.
58. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
59. A word that is written with two letters in an alphabetic writing system.
60. Something hard to endure.
62. Being one more than one hundred.
65. A nonstandard form of American English spoken by some American Black people.
70. A nonenterprising person who is not paying his way.
73. A public promotion of some product or service.
74. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
78. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
80. Having the wind against the forward side of the sails.
83. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
84. Of or relating to or containing balsam.
88. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
89. An arm off of a larger body of water (often between rocky headlands).
90. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
92. (in golf) The standard number of strokes set for each hole on a golf course, or for the entire course.
93. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
94. A telegram sent abroad.
95. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
96. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
1. Acting or moving or capable of acting or moving quickly.
2. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
3. A form of energy that is transferred by a difference in temperature.
4. A sudden and violent collapse.
5. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
6. A region of North Africa on the Mediterranean coast between Egypt and Gibraltar.
7. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
8. Leave or strike out, as of vowels.
9. Covered with frost.
10. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
11. (Sumerian and Akkadian) A demon personifying death.
12. Someone who guards the entrance to a building.
13. An informal term for a father.
14. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
15. A polite name for any woman.
22. In or of the month preceding the present one.
24. The unwanted discharge of a fluid from some container.
26. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
30. The 2nd letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
31. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
33. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
34. The capital of Eritrea.
35. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
36. Make larger.
37. The form in which a text (especially a printed book) is published.
38. Oriental moth that produces brownish silk.
41. Tropical American shrub or small tree having huge deeply palmately cleft leaves and large oblong yellow fruit.
42. (physics) The capacity of a physical system to do work.
43. Relating to or derived from the sun or utilizing the energies of the sun.
47. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
50. Small genus of deciduous West Indian trees or shrubs.
51. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
52. The act of concealing yourself and lying in wait to attack by surprise.
56. A recurring sleep state during which rapid eye movements do not occur and dreaming does not occur.
61. Conducive to peace.
63. A theory of strong interactions between elementary particles (including the interaction that binds protons and neutrons in the nucleus).
64. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
66. A port city of south central Ukraine on an arm of the Black Sea.
67. (prosody) Of or consisting of iambs.
68. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
69. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
71. An upright tripod for displaying something (usually an artist's canvas).
72. Make less active or intense.
75. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
76. Obvious and dull.
77. (used of opinions and actions) Far beyond the norm.
79. Denuded of leaves.
81. (classical architecture) A molding for a cornice.
82. A village in eastern Ireland (northwest of Dublin).
85. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
86. A three-year law degree.
87. British informal term.
88. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
91. A colorless and odorless inert gas.