1. A gait in which steps and hops alternate.
5. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
9. (Sumerian) Water god and god of wisdom.
13. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
16. Belonging to some prior time.
17. A one-piece cloak worn by men in ancient Rome.
18. Type genus of the Amiidae.
19. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
20. English economist noted for his studies of international trade and finance (born in 1907).
21. Typical geese.
23. State in northeastern India.
25. A member of a rural Finnish people living in eastern Russia.
29. A Loloish language.
30. Give an education to.
32. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
33. A pustule in an eruptive disease.
34. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
35. An extensive grassy and nearly treeless plain (especially in Latin America).
37. God of love and erotic desire.
41. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.
43. Successfully completed or brought to an end.
45. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
46. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
49. An ancient region on the coast of western Asia Minor.
51. A city in central Mali near the Niger river.
56. A fit of shivering.
57. A slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water.
60. An enclosed space.
61. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
62. (biology) Rough to the touch.
64. Argentinian cariama.
66. A European river.
67. A genus of tropical Asian and Malaysian palm trees.
69. The square of a body of any size of type.
70. The local time at the 0 meridian passing through Greenwich, England.
71. An unsaturated alcohol that occurs in marine fish-liver oils and is synthesized biologically from carotene.
74. Formerly a term of respect for important white Europeans in colonial India.
76. Serving as or forming a base.
78. (used as a combining form) Recent or new.
79. The quantity a shovel can hold.
81. (informal) Exceptionally good.
84. Pitching dangerously to one side.
87. Solid excretory product evacuated from the bowels.
90. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
92. Order by virtue of superior authority.
93. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
94. Stir up or tend.
95. A city in northern India.
97. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
98. A light touch or stroke.
99. Fastened with stitches.
100. A condition requiring relief.
101. A tight-fitting headdress.
1. Battle of World War II (1944).
2. Make uniform.
3. (Greek mythology) Son of Daedalus.
4. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
5. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
6. The grasses.
7. God of fire.
8. Playful in an appealingly bold way.
9. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
10. A metric unit of length equal to one billionth of a meter.
11. (Sumerian) Goddess personifying earth.
12. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
13. A covering to disguise or conceal the face.
14. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
15. Fallow deer.
22. Greek geometer (3rd century BC).
24. A town in northern Egypt.
26. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
27. Transient cessation of respiration.
28. Representation of the cross on which Jesus died.
31. An associate degree in nursing.
36. The seventh month of the Hindu calendar.
38. Traveling on horseback.
39. An extraordinary writ commanding an official to perform a ministerial act that the law recognizes as an absolute duty and not a matter for the official's discretion.
40. Give up, such as power, as of monarchs and emperors, or duties and obligations.
42. Army unit smaller than a division.
44. (zoology) Pertaining to alulae.
47. A trinket or piece of jewelry thought to be a protection against evil.
48. Of or related to the genital and urinary organs or their functions.
50. A slender and greatly elongated solid substance.
52. (of a structural member) Withstanding a weight or strain.
53. An Indian unit of length having different values in different localities.
54. The basic unit of money in Thailand.
55. An actor's line that immediately precedes and serves as a reminder for some action or speech.
58. Antibacterial (trade name Dynapen) used to treat staphylococcal infections that are resistant to penicillin.
59. An anti-inflammatory drug that does not contain steroids.
63. Impaired by diminution.
65. (followed by `with') Deeply filled or permeated.
68. Of or relating to or characteristic of Ghana or its people or language.
69. A metric unit of length equal to one billionth of a meter.
72. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
73. A female gametocyte that develops into an ovum after two meiotic divisions.
75. Earlier in time.
77. Verse in the meter used in Greek and Latin poetry consisting of strophes of 4 tetrametric lines.
78. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
80. The capacitance of a capacitor that has an equal and opposite charge of 1 coulomb on each plate and a voltage difference of 1 volt between the plates.
82. Avatar of Vishnu.
83. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
85. Beside one another in a row or rank.
86. A dissolute man in fashionable society.
88. A genus of Mustelidae.
89. The act of catching an object with the hands.
91. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
96. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.