1. Ceremonial elegance and splendor.
5. Type genus of the Anatidae.
9. Avatar of Vishnu.
13. An organization of United States war veterans.
16. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
17. (New Testament) The sages who visited Jesus and Mary and Joseph shortly after Jesus was born.
18. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
19. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.
20. The longest river of Asia.
21. Free and relaxed in manner.
23. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
25. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
28. Plant having a large slender white bulb and flat overlapping dark green leaves.
29. (of tempo) Leisurely n.
31. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
34. An associate degree in nursing.
38. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
41. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
42. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
45. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
47. Large northern deer with enormous flattened antlers in the male.
51. English chemist who was a pioneer in electrochemistry and who used it to isolate elements sodium and potassium and barium and boron and calcium and magnesium and chlorine (1778-1829).
52. A demon who swallows the sun causing eclipses.
54. Small East Indian shrubby mint.
55. The seventh and last day of the week.
56. (Sumerian) Consort of Dumuzi (Tammuz).
58. An expression of greeting.
61. An athletic competition in which a disc-shaped object is thrown as far as possible.
62. Located below or beneath something else.
63. An assertion of a right (as to money or property).
64. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
65. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
66. A usually soluble substance for staining or coloring e.g. fabrics or hair.
68. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
69. Go on board.
72. Tag the base runner to get him out.
75. An informal term for a father.
78. Kill intentionally and with premeditation.
79. (Sumerian) Goddess personifying earth.
83. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
88. A mountain peak in the Andes in Argentina (21,654 feet high).
89. An Iranian language spoken in Afghanistan.
92. (prefix) Half or partial.
94. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
95. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
96. Using speech rather than writing.
97. The act of scanning.
98. (slang) A gangster's pistol.
99. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
100. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
101. Type genus of the Ranidae.
102. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
1. A linear unit (1/6 inch) used in printing.
2. An island of central Hawaii (between Molokai and Kauai).
3. The flesh of animals (including fishes and birds and snails) used as food.
4. Fudge made with brown sugar and butter and milk and nuts.
5. Before noon.
6. A quantity of no importance.
7. An active and efficient cause.
8. Used of the language of the deaf.
9. A motley assortment of things.
10. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
11. Informal terms for a mother.
12. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
13. Any of various small insectivorous American birds chiefly olive-gray in color.
14. A flat mass of ice (smaller than an ice field) floating at sea.
15. A student who studies excessively.
22. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
24. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
26. An accountant certified by the state.
27. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
30. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
32. A condition characterized by abnormal deposits of melanin (especially in the skin).
33. A member of the Circassian people living east of the Black Sea.
35. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
36. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
37. Of an incalculable amount.
39. Scandinavian liquor usually flavored with caraway seeds.
40. Happening during or appropriate to the day.
43. Of or relating to the Quechua people or their language.
44. English writer who published a translation of romances about King Arthur taken from French and other sources (died in 1471).
46. An oil port in southern Iraq.
48. Russian chess master who moved to Paris.
49. Subject to a ruling authority.
50. Being one more than fifty.
53. Relating to or written in majuscule letters (which resemble modern capitals).
57. The 13th letter of the Greek alphabet.
59. A state in southeastern United States.
60. Submerged freshwater perennials.
67. A doctor's degree in education.
70. A bachelor's degree in architecture.
71. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
73. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
74. Top part of an apron.
76. An island in the Aegean Sea in the Saronic Gulf.
77. An organ in its earliest stage of development.
80. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
81. A drug (trade names Calan and Isoptin) used as an oral or parenteral calcium blocker in cases of hypertension or congestive heart failure or angina or migraine.
82. Related on the mother's side.
84. Offering fun and gaiety.
85. The muscular back part of the shank.
86. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
87. A former communist country in eastern Europe and northern Asia.
88. A public promotion of some product or service.
90. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
91. (Greek mythology) The winged goddess of the dawn in ancient mythology.
93. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).