1. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
4. An assertion of a right (as to money or property).
9. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
13. A woolen cap of Scottish origin.
16. The sign language used in the United States.
17. East Indian tart yellow berrylike fruit.
18. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
19. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
20. A conversation between two persons.
22. 100 agorot equal 1 shekel.
24. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
26. (Irish) God of love and beauty.
28. (of pain or sorrow) Made easier to bear.
29. A fast narrow sailing ship of the Mediterranean.
31. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
33. A village in eastern Ireland (northwest of Dublin).
34. Any of several bushy-tailed rodents of the genus Neotoma of western North America.
37. Somewhat large.
40. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
41. A member of the majority people of Punjab in northwestern India.
46. Showing or feeling mirth or pleasure or happiness.
48. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
49. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
52. An infection of the sebaceous gland of the eyelid.
53. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
55. British informal term.
58. Young sheep.
60. A Russian river.
62. (folklore) A small grotesque supernatural creature that makes trouble for human beings.
64. The 10th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
65. An island consisting of a circular coral reef surrounding a lagoon.
68. A group of African languages in the Niger-Congo group spoken from Senegal east as far as the Ivory Coast.
69. (Greek mythology) Any of the 50 sea nymphs who were daughters of the sea god Nereus.
71. A seat for the rider of a horse.
74. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
75. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
76. Something resembling the head of a nail that is used an an ornamental device.
79. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
80. A light touch or stroke.
82. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
85. A port city in southwestern Iran.
90. Of or relating to or containing cerium especially with valence 4.
94. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
97. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
99. A narrow thin strip of wood used as backing for plaster or to make latticework.
100. A serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court.
101. English essayist (1775-1834).
102. Interface consisting of a standard port between a computer and its peripherals that is used in some computers.
103. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
104. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
105. Slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric.
106. German chemist who was co-discoverer with Lise Meitner of nuclear fission (1879-1968).
107. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
1. An informal term for a father.
2. The seventh month of the Hindu calendar.
3. The scum formed by oxidation at the surface of molten metals.
4. (comparative of `close') Indicating the one of two that is the shorter distance away.
5. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
6. An associate degree in nursing.
7. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
8. Possessing or using or characteristic of or appropriate to supernatural powers.
9. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
10. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
11. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
12. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
13. Oriental moth that produces brownish silk.
14. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
15. A Dravidian language spoken in south central India.
21. A town in eastern Texas.
23. A member of the Siouan people formerly inhabiting the Black Hills of western South Dakota.
25. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
27. Capable of or tending to change in form or quality or nature.
30. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
32. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
35. Troubled emotionally and usually deeply.
36. A large double-edged broadsword.
38. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
39. Severe diabetes mellitus with an early onset.
42. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
43. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
44. A series of small (usually idle) twists or turns v 1.
45. A large heavy knife used in Central and South America as a weapon or for cutting vegetation.
47. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
50. Any plant of the genus Hoya having fleshy leaves and usually nectariferous flowers.
51. (music) Characterized by avoidance of traditional Western tonality.
54. A state in southeastern United States between the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico.
56. Censure severely or angrily.
57. A Russian river.
59. An ore that is the chief source of zinc.
61. Not final or absolute.
63. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
66. Being one more than fifty.
67. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
70. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
72. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
73. A doctor's degree in education.
77. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
78. Any of various deciduous or evergreen ornamental shrubs of the genus Abelia having opposite simple leaves and cymes of small white or pink or purplish flowers.
81. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
83. In bed.
84. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
86. South African term for `boss'.
87. Distinctive and stylish elegance.
88. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
89. United States writer noted for his droll epigrams (1902-1971).
91. The basic unit of money in South Africa.
92. A contagious skin infection caused by the itch mite.
93. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
95. God of the earth.
96. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
98. A container.