1. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
4. United States anarchist (born in Italy) who with Bartolomeo Vanzetti was convicted of murder and in spite of world-wide protest was executed (1891-1927).
9. Informal terms for a mother.
13. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
16. Lacking in light.
17. The skin that covers the top of the head.
18. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
19. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
20. The outer germ layer that develops into skin and nervous tissue.
22. (of words) Formed in imitation of a natural sound.
24. Of a light yellowish-brown color n 1.
25. Being nothing more than specified.
26. Highly significant or important especially bringing about or marking the beginning of a new development or era.
28. A genus of Indriidae.
29. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
30. The table in Christian churches where communion is given.
32. A nihilistic art movement (especially in painting) that flourished in Europe early in the 20th century.
34. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
38. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
39. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
42. An annual award by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for achievements in motion picture production and performance.
43. A framework that holds the panes of a window in the window frame.
47. Eat immoderately.
50. A genus of herbs and shrubs belonging to the family Euphorbiaceae.
53. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
54. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
56. Unknown god.
57. Proceeding from or ordered by or subject to a pope or the papacy regarded as the successor of the Apostles.
58. Parachute that will lift a person up into the air when it is towed by a motorboat or a car.
62. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
63. An Old World reptile family of Sauria.
64. The elapsed time it takes for a signal to travel from Earth to a spacecraft (or other body) and back to the starting point.
66. The basic unit of money in Albania.
67. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
69. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
71. Being one more than one.
73. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
75. Indigo bush.
77. Slightly open.
81. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
82. Administer an oil or ointment to.
83. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
87. The fifth of the seven canonical hours.
90. An accountant certified by the state.
91. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
94. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
95. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
96. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
98. Neckwear consisting of a long narrow piece of material worn (mostly by men) under a collar and tied in knot at the front.
99. Used of a single unit or thing.
100. Relating to or accompanying birth.
101. A small cake leavened with yeast.
102. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
1. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
2. (computer science) The smallest discrete component of an image or picture on a CRT screen (usually a colored dot).
3. (archaic) Utterly cast down.
4. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
5. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
6. Providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities.
7. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
8. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
9. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
10. (archaic) Of persons.
11. Japanese ornamental tree with fragrant white or pink blossoms and small yellow fruits.
12. A covered passageway.
13. New Zealand conifer.
14. (informal usage) A general feeling of boredom and dissatisfaction.
15. Close-fitting pants of heavy denim for casual wear (usually in the plural).
21. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
23. A Hindu disciple of a swami.
27. United States newspaper publisher (1858-1935).
29. A member of the mercantile and professional Hindu caste.
31. Radioactive iodine test that measures the amount of radioactive iodine taken up by the thyroid gland.
33. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
35. Of or in or belonging to the cavity of the abdomen.
36. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
37. A small volcanic island in Indonesia between Java and Sumatra.
40. Thick (often creamy) soup.
41. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
44. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
45. An alert and energetic person.
46. Deciduous small trees or shrubs of China and eastern North America.
48. Joint consisting of a line formed by joining two pieces.
49. English economist noted for his studies of international trade and finance (born in 1907).
51. A town in southeastern New Mexico on the Pecos River near the Mexican border.
52. A long-playing phonograph record.
55. Offering little or no hope.
59. Term of address for a man.
60. A form of address for a man.
61. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
65. (electronics) Of a circuit or device having an output that is proportional to the input.
68. (British) A person who has the right to be considered legally a British citizen (by virtue of the birth of a parent or grandparent).
70. A benign epithelial tumor of glandular origin.
72. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
74. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
76. The linear extent in space from one end to the other.
78. A string of more than 3,000 islands east of Asia extending 1,300 miles between the Sea of Japan and the western Pacific Ocean.
79. Lower in esteem.
80. A board game in which players try to move their pieces into their opponent's bases.
81. A member of the military police who polices soldiers and guards prisoners.
84. A historical area and former kingdom in northwestern Spain.
85. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
86. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
88. English essayist (1775-1834).
89. Give a certain impression or have a certain outward aspect.
92. Take in solid food.
93. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
94. A Mid-Atlantic state.
97. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.