1. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
4. A doctor's degree in musical arts.
9. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
13. (used especially of persons) Having lived for a relatively long time or attained a specific age.
16. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
17. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
18. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
19. A zodiacal constellation in northern hemisphere between Cancer and Virgo.
20. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
22. An associate degree in nursing.
25. Cook in liquid.
26. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
30. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
31. Strong and sharp.
35. Regarded with deep or rapturous love (especially as if for a god).
39. Young of any of various canines such as a dog or wolf.
43. An illustration that is drawn by hand and published in a book or magazine.
45. Having a dusty purplish pink color.
46. Sheet that forms a distinct (usually flat) section or component of something.
47. A small or moderate or token amount.
48. Everything you own.
49. Sexually transmitted urethritis (usually caused by chlamydia).
50. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
51. European herb resembling vetch.
53. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
55. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
58. Endless loop of flexible material between two rotating shafts or pulleys.
60. A rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders).
61. A wooden peg that is used to fasten timbers in shipbuilding.
63. Type genus of the Amiidae.
64. A European river.
65. Half the width of an em.
66. The goddess of the moon.
67. Doglike nocturnal mammal of Africa and southern Asia that feeds chiefly on carrion.
68. A complete metric system of units of measurement for scientists.
69. The Fate who determines the length of the thread of life.
72. 1 species.
75. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
76. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
79. The cry made by sheep.
80. The capital of Morocco.
83. United States bass singer and an outspoken critic of racism and proponent of socialism (1898-1976).
87. A town in north central Oklahoma.
90. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
91. A state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico.
93. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
95. A colloid in a more solid form than a sol.
96. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
97. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
99. A field covered with grass or herbage and suitable for grazing by livestock.
100. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
101. Jordan's port.
102. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
103. An associate degree in applied science.
1. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
2. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
3. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
4. By bad luck.
5. Informal terms for a mother.
6. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
7. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
8. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
9. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
10. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
11. Make amends for.
12. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
13. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
14. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
15. Formerly the chief magistrate in the republics of Venice and Genoa.
21. A member of a North American Indian people living in northern Baja California.
23. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
24. Capital and largest city of the Czech Republic.
27. Islands in the Atlantic Ocean belonging to Portugal.
28. Fruit or seed of the cowpea plant.
29. Molten rock in the earth's crust.
32. A Renaissance woodwind with a double reed and a curving tube (crooked horn).
33. A housing for a radar antenna.
34. Type genus of Dicranaceae.
36. Late-spring-blooming rhododendron of eastern North America having rosy to pink-purple flowers.
37. Having an illustrious reputation.
38. The point in time at which something must be completed.
40. The cardinal number that is the sum of eight and one.
41. A style that uses the abstruse technical vocabulary of the law.
42. Deciduous shrubs and trees of tropical America having branches like candelabra and fragrant white or pink flowers.
44. The 13th letter of the Greek alphabet.
52. Being ten more than one hundred eighty.
54. Any of several plants of the genus Brodiaea having basal grasslike leaves and globose flower heads on leafless stems resembling those of genus Allium.
56. Valuable source of caviar and isinglass.
57. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
59. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
62. A state in midwestern United States.
70. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
71. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
73. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
74. A cyst on the underside of the tongue.
77. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
78. A crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry.
81. In bed.
82. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
84. A small cake leavened with yeast.
85. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
86. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
88. The content of cognition.
89. The time during which someone's life continues.
92. The basic unit of money in Albania.
94. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
98. A colorless and odorless inert gas.