1. (used of animals especially a horse) Of a moderate reddish-brown color n 1.
4. Any piece of work that is undertaken or attempted.
8. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
12. Capital and largest city of Italy.
16. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
17. Dense growth of hairs covering the body or parts of it (as on the human head).
18. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
19. Using speech rather than writing.
20. The products of human creativity.
21. The template for protein synthesis.
22. British artist and writer of nonsense verse (1812-1888).
23. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
24. A mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia.
26. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
28. Of or relating to or toward the cheek.
31. A doctor's degree in optometry.
32. People of the same race or nationality who share a distinctive culture.
33. Small active cicada-like insect with hind legs adapted for leaping.
36. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
37. On, to, or at the top.
39. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
42. Not fake or counterfeit.
46. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
47. City in southwestern Colombia in a rich agricultural area.
50. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
51. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
52. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
54. Of or related to the sacred texts of Islam.
56. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
57. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
59. Seizure of a vehicle in transit either to rob it or divert it to an alternate destination.
61. Shattered or torn up or torn apart violently as by e.g. wind or lightning or explosive.
63. A polyvalent metallic element that resembles chromium and tungsten in its properties.
64. Snarled or stalled in complete confusion.
66. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
67. Type genus of the Anatidae.
68. The time and process of budding and unfolding of blossoms.
70. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
71. The Hebrew patriarch who saved himself and his family and the animals by building an ark in which they survived 40 days and 40 nights of rain.
73. One of several parallel sloping beams that support a roof.
75. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
76. Crested screamers.
80. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
82. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
83. Being nine more than forty.
87. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
90. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
92. The residue that remains when something is burned.
93. Striped hyena of southeast Africa that feeds chiefly on insects.
95. What you can repeat immediately after perceiving it.
96. Type genus of the Gavidae.
98. (Greek mythology) The Muse of history.
99. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
100. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
101. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
102. Scottish writer of rustic verse (1770-1835).
103. (Irish) The sea personified.
1. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
2. A city in northern India.
3. Disease of rodents (especially rabbits and squirrels) and sometimes transmitted to humans by ticks or flies or by handling infected animals.
4. A master's degree in theology.
5. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
6. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
7. A village of huts for native Africans in southern Africa.
8. A city and port in northern Jutland.
9. Appeal or request earnestly.
10. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
11. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
12. Large hawk of the northern hemisphere that feeds chiefly on small rodents and is beneficial to farmers.
13. A fully differentiated structural and functional unit in an animal that is specialized for some particular function.
14. A port in southern Sweden.
15. A name that has been assumed temporarily.
25. Antibacterial consisting of any of several synthetic organic compounds capable of inhibiting the growth of bacteria that require PABA.
27. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
29. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
30. (computer science) A kind of computer architecture that has a large number of instructions hard coded into the cpu chip.
34. Become steeper.
35. A beautiful and graceful girl.
38. A flat mass of ice (smaller than an ice field) floating at sea.
40. A mythical Greek warrior who was a leader on the Trojan side of the Trojan War.
41. Any of various Old World herbs of the genus Anchusa having one-sided clusters of trumpet-shaped flowers.
43. A historical region of southwestern India on the west coast.
44. Of or pertaining to or suggestive of a goat (especially in strong odor).
45. A football player who tackles the ball carrier.
48. A city in northeastern Ohio.
49. Of or relating to or characteristic of Ireland or its people.
53. Any of several tropical and subtropical treelike herbs of the genus Musa having a terminal crown of large entire leaves and usually bearing hanging clusters of elongated fruits.
55. Of or pertaining to adnexa.
58. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
60. Common black-and-gray Eurasian bird noted for thievery.
62. A Formosan language.
65. A trivial lie.
69. A crystalline metallic element not found in nature.
72. An organ in its earliest stage of development.
73. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
74. A dog small and tame enough to be held in the lap.
77. United States writer noted for his stories about life during the California gold rush (1836-1902).
78. A holy war by Muslims against unbelievers.
79. An area of sand sloping down to the water of a sea or lake.
80. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
81. Comical in an odd or whimsical manner.
84. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
85. The seventh month of the Hindu calendar.
86. Herb of the Pacific islands grown throughout the tropics for its edible root and in temperate areas as an ornamental for its large glossy leaves.
88. Swiss painter influenced by Kandinsky (1879-1940).
89. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
91. A graphical record of electric currents associated with muscle contractions.
94. Gear (including necessary machinery) for a particular enterprise.
97. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.