1. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
4. United States designer noted for an innovative series of chairs (1907-1978).
9. Crowd or pack to capacity.
13. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
16. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
17. Of a surface.
18. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
20. A male human offspring.
21. An author born in Ireland who lived in France.
23. Of the greatest possible degree or extent or intensity.
25. Fragrant resin obtain from trees of the family Burseraceae and used as incense.
27. Coming next after the seventh and just before the ninth in position.
28. (combining form) Indicating radiation or radioactivity.
29. A preparation used in cleaning something.
30. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
31. A river that rises in western New Mexico and flows westward through southern Arizona to become a tributary of the Colorado River.
32. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
36. Type genus of the Salmonidae.
39. Absent without permission.
42. An ancient town on Crete where Bronze Age culture flourished from about 2000 BC to 1400 BC.
44. Denoting a quantity consisting of one more than eight and one less than ten.
45. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
46. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
47. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
48. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
50. Fiber of the flax plant that is made into thread and woven into linen fabric.
53. Fill to satisfaction.
54. A United Nations agency that invest directly in companies and guarantees loans to private investors.
56. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
58. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
59. Large Indian antelope.
61. Lacking general education or knowledge.
64. On or toward the lee.
65. East Indian tart yellow berrylike fruit.
69. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
70. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
71. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
73. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
74. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
78. A geographical region of northeastern South America including Guyana and Surinam.
83. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
87. Gone by.
88. (of tempo) Fast n 1.
91. Submerged freshwater perennials.
93. An advanced law degree.
94. Relating to or applicable to or concerned with the administration of a city or town or district rather than a larger area.
95. The basic unit of money in Iran.
97. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
98. The organ of sight (`peeper' is an informal term for `eye').
99. Large short-tailed lemur of Madagascar having thick silky fur in black and white and fawn.
100. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
101. A usually soluble substance for staining or coloring e.g. fabrics or hair.
1. Ratio of the hypotenuse to the opposite side.
2. An island consisting of a circular coral reef surrounding a lagoon.
3. The recipient of funds or other benefits.
4. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
5. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
6. An official who carries a mace of office.
7. (Sumerian) Water god and god of wisdom.
8. A brace that extends from the rear of the keel to support the rudderpost.
9. Hardy breed of cattle resulting from crossing domestic cattle with the American buffalo.
10. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
11. (Babylonian) The sky god.
12. One related on the mother's side.
13. Of or at or relating to an anode.
14. Not final or absolute.
15. Of or being the lowest female voice.
22. A farm machine for separating seeds or grain from the husks and straw.
24. Large genus of largely terrestrial orchids with one or a few plicate leaves and slender spikes or tiny mostly green flowers.
26. (trademark) An antacid.
33. Leafless East Indian vine.
34. The wife or widow of a czar.
35. Relating to the use of or having the nature of an interrogation.
37. Genus of tropical American orchids.
38. Denoting or characteristic of the biogeographic region including southern Asia and the Malay Archipelago as far as the Philippines and Borneo and Java.
40. A Christian Bishop who translated the Bible from Greek into Gothic (311-382).
41. An authoritative person who divines the future.
43. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
49. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
51. A large piece of fabric (as canvas) by means of which wind is used to propel a sailing vessel.
52. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
55. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
57. A licensed medical practitioner.
60. A seaport in northwestern Italy.
62. Something resembling the head of a nail that is used an an ornamental device.
63. A wired or starched collar of intricate lace.
66. A human limb.
67. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
68. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
72. A mountain in south central Alaska.
73. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
75. A major biotic community characterized by the dominant forms of plant life and the prevailing climate.
76. A compound in which the hydrogen atoms of a hydrocarbon have been replaced by bromine and other halogen atoms.
77. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
79. Displeasing to the senses and morally revolting.
80. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
81. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
82. The English royal house (a branch of the Plantagenet line) that reigned from 1461 to 1485.
84. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
85. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality.
86. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
89. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
90. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
92. An honorary law degree.
96. Being one more than one.