1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
4. A dyed fabric.
9. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
13. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
16. An advantageous purchase.
17. Leave or strike out, as of vowels.
18. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
19. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
20. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
21. A bag used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women).
23. A native or inhabitant of Afghanistan.
25. Someone who makes frames (as for pictures).
27. A Nilotic language.
28. Avatar of Vishnu.
29. A genus of delicate ferns belonging to the family Osmundaceae.
33. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
38. An unforeseen obstacle.
41. British statesman who as Prime Minister bought controlling interest in the Suez Canal and made Queen Victoria the Empress of India (1804-1881).
44. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
45. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
48. Flat and uninspiring.
49. Used of syllables.
50. A state of deep and often prolonged unconsciousness.
51. Someone who copies the words or behavior of another.
52. The aspect of a verb that expresses its duration.
53. A condition requiring relief.
54. Tag the base runner to get him out.
56. A white or colorless vitreous insoluble solid (SiO2).
58. The event of dying or departure from life.
60. A loop in a rope.
61. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
62. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
64. The superior of an abbey of monks.
66. 100 lwei equal 1 kwanza.
67. An item inserted in a written record.
70. A rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders).
71. Injure or wound seriously and leave permanent disfiguration or mutilation.
74. (Greek mythology) A princess of Colchis who aided Jason in taking the Golden Fleece from her father.
76. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
78. A native or inhabitant of ancient Etruria.
81. A widely distributed family of plants.
86. A cloth used as a head covering (and veil and shawl) by Muslim and Hindu women.
87. Make a high-pitched, screeching noise, as of a door.
89. An organization of military land forces.
90. Feline mammal usually having thick soft fur and being unable to roar.
91. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
93. English prelate noted for his pessimistic sermons and articles (1860-1954).
94. French couturier whose first collection in 1947 created a style (tight bodice and narrow waist and flowing pleated skirt) that became known as the New Look (1905-1957).
95. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
96. A French abbot.
97. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
98. Suggestive of the supernatural.
1. At or near or toward the stern of a ship or tail of an airplane.
2. Small donkey used as a pack animal.
3. Any tropical gymnosperm of the order Cycadales.
4. Cut the head of.
5. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
6. A silvery malleable metallic element that resists corrosion.
7. Severe diabetes mellitus with an early onset.
8. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
9. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
10. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
11. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
12. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
13. United States naval officer and historian (1840-1914).
14. Expletives used informally as intensifiers.
15. The basic unit of money in Yemen.
22. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
24. Type genus of the family Tridacnidae.
26. Deficient in amount or quality or extent.
30. 1 species.
31. A vowel-like sound that serves as a consonant.
32. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
34. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
35. Attribute to a source or cause.
36. A charm superstitiously believed to embody magical powers.
37. Lifting device consisting of a platform or cage that is raised and lowered mechanically in a vertical shaft in order to move people from one floor to another in a building.
39. 1 species.
40. Pertaining to or resembling amoebae.
42. Successfully completed or brought to an end.
43. (Greek mythology) The daughter of King Oedipus who disobeyed her father and was condemned to death.
45. Type genus of the Coerebidae.
46. Trade name for an antiemetic drug that has a mint flavor.
47. Send out rays or waves.
55. United States humorist who wrote about rural life (1818-1885).
57. A master's degree in fine arts.
59. Sacred writings of Orthodox Judaism.
63. A member of the North American Indian people living in southern Arizona and northern Mexico.
65. Thick heavy expensive material with a raised pattern.
66. United States naval officer and historian (1840-1914).
68. Natural qualities or talents.
69. Used by southerners for an inhabitant of a northern state in the United States (especially a Union soldier).
70. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
72. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
73. Feeling or showing extreme anger.
75. Issue or terminate (in a specified way, state, etc.).
77. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
79. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
80. Decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers.
82. The villain in William Shakespeare's tragedy who tricked Othello into murdering his wife.
83. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
84. (Roman mythology) God of love.
85. The lofty nest of a bird of prey (such as a hawk or eagle).
88. The former capital and 2nd largest city of Brazil.
92. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.