1. The sound made by a gentle blow.
4. Forced to turn and face attackers.
9. The capital and largest city of Mongolia.
13. Ratio of the adjacent side to the hypotenuse.
16. Used of a single unit or thing.
17. A genus of Laridae.
18. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
19. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
20. (British) A restaurant where tea and light meals are available.
22. Any spiny succulent plant of the family Cactaceae native chiefly to arid regions of the New World.
24. The cry made by sheep.
25. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
26. Covered with beads or jewels or sequins.
29. Tall marsh plant with cylindrical seed heads that explode when mature shedding large quantities of down.
30. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
31. Chief port of Yemen.
33. A large Yoruba city in southwestern Nigeria.
36. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
39. Type genus of the Cebidae.
43. A member of the Algonquian people of Maine and southern Quebec.
44. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
45. The sciences concerned with gathering and manipulating and storing and retrieving and classifying recorded information.
46. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
47. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
49. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
50. The shape of a bell.
53. United States financier and philanthropist (1855-1937).
56. Lacking sufficient water or rainfall.
57. The sign language used in the United States.
58. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
60. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
62. Singing jazz.
64. Moth having nonfunctional mouthparts as adults.
67. Artists or writers whose ideas are ahead of their time.
68. Any location known for vice and corruption.
73. Type genus of the Majidae.
75. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
77. Used in an attack.
80. That is to say.
81. A public promotion of some product or service.
84. Wingless insect living in dark moist places as under dead tree trunks.
88. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
89. A battle in which the Danes defeated the East Saxons in 991.
92. Strong and sharp.
93. Agitation resulting from active worry.
96. The highest level or degree attainable.
97. (computer science) The movement of a read/write head to a specific data track on a disk v 1.
98. United States writer of detective thrillers featuring the character of Philip Marlowe (1888-1959).
99. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. A member of the Mongolian people of central Asia who invaded Russia in the 13th century.
2. Administer an oil or ointment to.
3. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
4. Hormone released by the hypothalamus that controls the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone from the anterior pituitary.
5. Dry red table wine from the Rioja region of northern Spain.
6. Surpassing what is common or usual or expected.
7. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
8. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
9. Reveal the true nature of.
10. A network of intersecting blood vessels or intersecting nerves or intersecting lymph vessels.
11. Mild cream-colored Dutch cheese shaped in balls.
12. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
13. A small tent used as a dressing room beside the sea or a swimming pool.
14. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
15. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
21. (Hinduism) An ascetic holy man.
23. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
27. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
28. Any of a group of hard crystalline minerals that consist of aluminum silicates of potassium or sodium or calcium or barium.
32. The length of a straight line passing through the center of a circle and connecting two points on the circumference.
34. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
35. An intensive care unit designed with special equipment to care for premature or low-birth-weight or seriously ill newborn.
37. (British) A minicar used as a taxicab.
38. The great hall in ancient Persian palaces.
40. Romanian violinist and composer (1881-1955).
41. A narrative song with a recurrent refrain.
42. A coarse obnoxious person.
48. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
51. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
52. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
54. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
55. French romantic writer (1766-1817).
59. Be in accord.
61. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
63. Weapon consisting of a fighting ax.
65. A desert in central Asia.
66. The amount of electromagnetic radiation leaving or arriving at a point on a surface.
69. The second largest of the Hawaiian Islands.
70. Youngest daughter of the prophet Mohammed and wife of the fourth calif Ali.
71. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
72. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
73. A small tent used as a dressing room beside the sea or a swimming pool.
74. Not in good physical or mental health.
76. God of death.
78. Fried quickly in a little fat.
79. A sloping mass of rocks at the base of a cliff.
82. An upward slope or grade (as in a road).
83. (Greek mythology) A princess of Colchis who aided Jason in taking the Golden Fleece from her father.
85. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
86. A structure consisting of something wound in a continuous series of loops.
87. Predatory black-and-white toothed whale with large dorsal fin.
90. A local computer network for communication between computers.
91. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
92. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
94. A small digital computer based on a microprocessor and designed to be used by one person at a time.
95. A colorless and odorless inert gas.