1. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
4. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
9. Having a dusty purplish pink color.
13. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
16. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
17. Tall perennial herb of tropical Asia with dark green leaves.
18. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
19. An ancient Hebrew unit of capacity equal to 10 baths or 10 ephahs.
20. The basic unit of money in Romania.
21. A state of sanctification by God.
22. The process whereby heat changes something from a solid to a liquid.
23. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
24. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
26. Southeastern Asian tree producing large fruits resembling grapefruits.
29. Relating to or located near a tibia.
31. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
32. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
33. The function or position properly or customarily occupied or served by another.
37. (trademark) A tinned luncheon meat made largely from pork.
41. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
44. Basic principles of the cosmos.
45. Type genus of the Lacertidae.
47. A communist state in the Caribbean on the island of Cuba.
50. The habitation of wild animals.
51. The female reproductive cell.
52. Acute lung injury characterized by coughing and rales.
55. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
56. Not in good physical or mental health.
57. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
58. A Hindu prince or king in India.
59. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
61. (used especially of commodities) In the natural unprocessed condition.
62. A large genus of dicotyledonous trees and shrubs of the family Aquifoliaceae that have small flowers and berries (including hollies).
64. (Greek mythology) A sorceress who detained Odysseus on her island and turned his men into swine.
66. Take in, also metaphorically.
68. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
69. Reduction or lack of an immune response to a specific antigen.
71. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
72. A public promotion of some product or service.
74. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
75. Before noon.
77. A vehicle mounted on runners and pulled by horses or dogs.
81. Bring an accusation against.
83. A region in Finland and Russia between the Gulf of Finland and the White Sea.
85. A reason for wanting something done.
86. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
90. 100 agorot equal 1 shekel.
91. A fleshy fruit (apple or pear or related fruits) having seed chambers and an outer fleshy part.
94. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
96. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
97. The second day of the week.
98. Poor enough to need help from others.
102. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
103. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
104. Indigo bush.
105. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
106. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
1. A master's degree in library science.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. Ending in a sharp point.
4. A cgs unit of work or energy.
5. A member of a monotheistic sect of Zoroastrian origin.
6. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
7. Of or like a cecum.
8. Paying particular notice (as to children or helpless people).
9. Shrubby plant with aromatic grayish-green leaves used as a cooking herb.
10. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
11. The clock time given by a clock carried on board a spacecraft.
12. Standard time in the 5th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 75th meridian.
13. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
14. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
15. (informal) Exceptionally good.
25. An ornamental jewelled headdress signifying sovereignty.
27. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
28. An outstanding Spanish cellist noted for his interpretation of Bach's cello suites (1876-1973).
30. A bachelor's degree in religion.
34. Traveled over or through.
35. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
36. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
38. Ninth month of the Revolutionary calendar (May and June).
39. Characterized by friendship and good will.
40. Climbing plant common in eastern and central United States with ternate leaves and greenish flowers followed by white berries.
42. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
43. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
46. Spicy fruit of the cubeb vine.
48. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
49. The cry made by sheep.
53. A spirit believed by Muslims to inhabit the earth and influence mankind by appearing in the form of humans or animals.
54. A dress worn primarily by Hindu women.
60. A syndrome that occurs in many women from 2 to 14 days before the onset of menstruation.
63. Spanish Jesuit missionary who establish missionaries in Japan and Ceylon and the East Indies (1506-1552).
65. An angular shape made by folding.
67. Being derived from.
70. Noisy talk.
73. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
76. Mixture of untoasted dry cereals and fruits.
78. The basic unit of money in Sweden.
79. Any of various organs that synthesize substances needed by the body and release it through ducts or directly into the bloodstream.
80. Lap at the front of a coat.
82. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
84. Highly excited.
85. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
87. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
88. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
89. A city in northern India.
92. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
93. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
95. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
99. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
100. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
101. A radioactive element of the actinide series.