1. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
5. Type genus of the Ascaphidae.
13. Flesh of fish found in colder waters of northern Atlantic coast of the United States.
17. A person of French descent.
18. Having or resembling a stinger or barb.
19. A small shelter for domestic animals (as sheep or pigeons).
20. Ice crystals forming a white deposit (especially on objects outside).
21. British colonial financier and statesman in South Africa.
22. Port city of Denmark in eastern Jutland.
24. American Revolutionary patriot.
26. Trade name for an oral contraceptive containing mestranol and norethynodrel.
27. Formerly the basic unit of money in Hungary until it was replaced by the forint in 1946.
30. Having leadership guidance.
32. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
34. The probability of a specified outcome.
40. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
42. Flightless New Zealand birds similar to gallinules.
46. Used of a single unit or thing.
47. (Scotland) A landowner.
49. Italian film actress (born in 1934).
50. Hard red wheat grown especially in Russia and Germany.
52. (dentistry) A filling consisting of a solid substance (as gold or porcelain) fitted to a cavity in a tooth and cemented into place.
55. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
56. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
58. Medium-sized tree having glossy lanceolate leaves.
59. A woolen cap of Scottish origin.
60. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
61. (chemistry) Of or containing mercury.
62. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
64. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
67. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
68. A violet photopigment in the retinal cones of the eyes of most vertebrates.
70. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
72. A thin strip (wood or metal).
75. A coffin along with its stand.
80. Testacean rhizopods.
85. One-thousandth of an equivalent.
86. Cause to be attached.
87. A Spanish female Gypsy.
91. At a specific prior time.
92. Get excessively and undesirably hot.
94. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
95. Suggestive of the supernatural.
96. Moths whose larvae are cutworms.
97. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. A city in northern India.
2. Being the one previously mentioned or spoken of.
3. All of the inhabitants of the earth.
4. Fragrant resin obtain from trees of the family Burseraceae and used as incense.
5. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
6. A river that rises in France and flows northeast across Belgium and empties into the North Sea.
7. Asiatic wild dog.
8. An oily colorless liquid obtained by the condensation of two molecules of acetaldehyde.
9. Cause to be annoyed, irritated, or resentful.
10. Member of a Jewish sect that observes a form of strict Orthodox Judaism.
11. The local time at the 0 meridian passing through Greenwich, England.
12. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
13. Make a high-pitched, screeching noise, as of a door.
14. German botanist who is generally recognized as founding bacteriology when he recognized bacteria as plants.
15. (Sumerian) Sun god.
16. The basic unit of money in Uruguay.
23. Any member of Athapaskan tribes that migrated to the southwestern desert (from Arizona to Texas and south into Mexico).
25. Cheap and shoddy.
29. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
31. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
33. The father of your father or mother.
35. A deep bow.
36. Dyed with henna.
37. A member of a Germanic people who invaded northern Italy in the 6th century.
38. A biological unit consisting of a nucleus and the body of cytoplasm with which it interacts.
39. Capital and largest city of Bulgaria located in western Bulgaria.
41. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
43. A cosmetic preparation used by women in Egypt and Arabia to darken the edges of their eyelids.
44. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
45. An executioner who beheads the condemned person.
48. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
51. A stately court dance in the 17th century.
53. A minute life form (especially a disease-causing bacterium).
54. Small genus of hairy herbs with yellow flowers.
57. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
63. Eurasian perennial herb with white flowers that emit flammable vapor in hot weather.
65. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
66. (Irish) The sea personified.
69. Swiss psychologist remembered for his studies of cognitive development in children (1896-1980).
71. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
73. (Greek mythology) A river in Hades.
74. Any of various chiefly fall-blooming herbs of the genus Aster with showy daisylike flowers.
76. Obvious and dull.
77. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
78. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
79. Jordan's port.
81. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
82. Colloquial British abbreviation.
83. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
84. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
88. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
89. Psychoactive substance present in marijuana.
90. A light touch or stroke.
93. A state in the eastern United States.