1. A committee in the executive branch of government that advises the president on foreign and military and national security.
4. Ash-colored or anemic looking from illness or emotion.
9. Slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric.
13. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
16. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
17. Showing deterioration from age.
18. Any competition.
19. A unit of force equal to the force exerted by gravity.
20. German engineer and automobile manufacturer who produced the first high-speed internal combustion engine (1834-1900).
22. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
24. A United States unit of weight equivalent to 100 pounds.
26. An informal term for a father.
27. God of fire.
28. Sweetened milk or cream mixed with eggs and usually alcoholic liquor.
30. One of two flaps attached to a cap to keep the ears warm.
31. The basic unit of money in Romania.
32. English prelate noted for his pessimistic sermons and articles (1860-1954).
33. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
36. A genus of Mustelidae.
39. One of the bottle-shaped pins used in bowling.
43. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
44. A compound of sulphur and some other element that is more electropositive.
47. A light clear metallic sound as of a small bell.
48. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir and avenger of Balder.
50. Extremely cold.
51. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
52. Similar or related in quality or character.
55. A trademarked brand of petroleum jelly.
58. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
60. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
61. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
62. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
63. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
66. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
68. Resembling a berry.
71. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
74. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
75. The spirit of evil in Zoroastrianism.
78. Perform on a stage or theater.
82. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
83. Respiratory disorder characterized by wheezing.
86. A French river that flows through the heart of Paris and then northward into the English Channel.
89. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
92. (trademark) An antacid.
93. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
94. The battle in 202 BC in which Scipio decisively defeated Hannibal at the end of the second Punic War.
96. Electronic warfare undertaken under direct control of an operational commander to locate sources of radiated electromagnetic energy for the purpose of immediate threat recognition.
97. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
98. Avatar of Vishnu.
99. A very light brown.
100. Time for Earth to make a complete rotation on its axis.
101. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
1. A quantity of no importance.
2. The scum formed by oxidation at the surface of molten metals.
3. (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man.
4. The sign language used in the United States.
5. English writer (1672-1729).
6. A city in northwestern Somalia.
7. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
8. The compass point that is one point north of northeast.
9. (informal) Exceptionally good.
10. A state in midwestern United States.
11. Used of syllables.
12. Waste matter carried away in sewers or drains.
13. A class of proteins produced in lymph tissue in vertebrates and that function as antibodies in the immune response.
14. Type genus of the Nepidae.
15. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
21. A severe recurring vascular headache.
23. Mythical bird of prey having enormous size and strength.
25. A drug (trade name Trental) used to treat claudication.
29. A Hindu or Sikh religious leader and personal teacher.
34. The unwanted discharge of a fluid from some container.
35. Discrimination in favor of the able-bodied.
37. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
38. Capital of Vanuatu.
40. Multiple collisions of vehicles.
41. (anatomy) A notch or small hollow.
42. A member of the Samoyedic people living on the Taimyr peninsula in Siberia.
45. A fast narrow sailing ship of the Mediterranean.
46. Any orchid of the genus Disa.
49. A person who is entitled by law or by the terms of a will to inherit the estate of another.
53. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
54. Unknown god.
56. 1 species.
57. Tag the base runner to get him out.
59. German mystic and theosophist who founded modern theosophy.
64. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
65. (botany) Of some seeds.
67. Type genus of the Tayassuidae.
68. The sign language used in the United States.
69. Ctenophore having short tentacles.
70. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
72. A mountain peak in the Andes in Bolivia (21,391 feet high).
73. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
76. The capital and largest city of Dominica.
77. Wearing protective mail.
78. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
79. Type genus of the Laridae.
80. Genus of tropical plants with creeping rootstocks and small umbellate flowers.
81. Affect with wonder.
84. A thin wedge of material (wood or metal or stone) for driving into crevices.
85. A period of time equal to 1/24th of a day.
87. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
88. An annual award for outstanding achievements in television.
90. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
91. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
92. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
95. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
96. (Brit) A tough youth of 1950's and 1960's wearing Edwardian style clothes.