1. A large number or amount.
5. The basic unit of money in Ghana.
9. Make or move along with a sound as of a horse's hooves striking the ground.
13. A secret society of white Southerners to resist Black emancipation.
16. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
17. Type genus of the Anatidae.
18. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
19. Misery resulting from affliction.
20. Citadel of Moscow, housing the offices of the Russian government.
22. A genus of orb-weaving spiders including common garden spiders and barn spiders.
24. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
25. Poisonous fetid Old World herb having sticky hairy leaves and yellow-brown flowers.
26. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
28. Before noon.
29. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
30. A member of the Circassian people living east of the Black Sea.
32. Rebuffed (by a lover) without warning.
36. An insecticide that is also toxic to animals and humans.
39. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
40. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
41. A public promotion of some product or service.
47. Tiny leafy-stemmed flowerless plants.
49. Taken before a meal as an appetizer.
51. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
53. A distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list.
54. Destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle.
55. A short composition for a solo instrument.
56. A wine bottle made of leather.
57. A track or mark left by something that has passed.
59. The state of matter distinguished from the solid and liquid states by.
61. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
63. (of securities) Not quoted on a stock exchange.
64. Contrary to or forbidden by law.
66. Having the surface decorated with a network of fine cracks, as in crackleware.
68. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
69. United States biochemist (born in Spain) who studied the biological synthesis of nucleic acids (born in 1905).
72. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
73. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
75. A state in midwestern United States.
78. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
81. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
83. The largest of Jupiter's satellites.
87. An ancient branch of the Semitic languages.
92. Using speech rather than writing.
93. Goddess of love and beauty and daughter of Zeus in ancient mythology.
95. Type genus of the Amiidae.
96. The basic unit of money on Malta.
97. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
98. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
100. Alsatian artist and poet who was cofounder of Dadaism in Zurich.
101. An imperfection in a device or machine.
102. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
103. An unforeseen obstacle.
104. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
1. The cardinal number that is the fifth power of ten.
2. A cruel wicked and inhuman person.
3. At a specific prior time.
4. South Asian deer with three-tined antlers.
5. (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man.
6. The cardinal number that is the sum of eight and one.
7. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
8. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
9. Wearing or provided with clothing.
10. A narrow way or road.
11. A port city of south central Ukraine on an arm of the Black Sea.
12. Seed of a pea plant.
13. The basic unit of money in Zambia.
14. An Asian peninsula (off Manchuria) separating the Yellow Sea and the Sea of Japan.
15. English Romantic poet (1795-1821).
21. A genus of Lamnidae.
23. Admit anew.
27. A vehicle resembling a bicycle but having skis instead of wheels.
31. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
33. Extend out or project in space.
34. Remove from political office.
35. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
37. An item of factual information derived from measurement or research.
38. Type genus of the family Tridacnidae.
42. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
43. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
44. Regional and archaic.
45. Small or little relative to something else.
46. The grasses.
48. Perennial mountain rice native to Mediterranean region and introduced into North America.
50. Wild and domesticated birds having a heavy body and short legs.
52. A pipe with a long flexible tube connected to a container where the smoke is cooled by passing through water.
58. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
60. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
62. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
65. A wave that is blown by the wind so its crest is broken and appears white.
67. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
70. The cry made by sheep.
71. Internal organs collectively (especially those in the abdominal cavity).
72. A narrow way or road.
74. A historical region of southwestern India on the west coast.
76. Being nine more than ninety.
77. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
79. A rule made by a local authority to regulate its own affairs.
80. The square of a body of any size of type.
82. Jordan's port.
84. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
85. A unit of force equal to the force that imparts an acceleration of 1 cm/sec/sec to a mass of 1 gram.
86. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
87. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
88. English actor noted for his portrayals of Shakespeare's great tragic characters (1789-1833).
89. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
90. Open to or abounding in fresh air.
91. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
94. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
99. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.