1. God of the earth.
4. (of e.g. celestial bodies) Above the horizon.
9. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
13. Of southern Europe.
16. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
17. A person who acts as host at formal occasions (makes an introductory speech and introduces other speakers).
18. A coffin along with its stand.
19. An accountant certified by the state.
20. The father of your father or mother.
22. A landlocked principality in the Himalayas northeast of India.
23. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
24. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
25. A French abbot.
27. Of a light yellowish-brown color n 1.
30. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
32. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
35. The part of the foot of a vertebrate between the metatarsus and the leg.
39. Of or relating to or located in the dermis.
43. Well grounded in logic or truth or having legal force.
45. Alluring beauty or charm (often with sex-appeal).
46. Any of numerous composite plants having flower heads with well-developed ray flowers usually arranged in a single whorl.
47. Administer an oil or ointment to.
48. A colloid in a more solid form than a sol.
49. Offspring of a male tiger and a female lion.
50. A room equipped with toilet facilities.
54. South African plant widely cultivated for its showy pure white spathe and yellow spadix.
55. A republic in southern Europe on the Italian Peninsula.
58. Any of a class of organic compounds that contain the divalent radical -CONHCO-.
59. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
60. A explosive device used to break down a gate or wall.
61. Someone (physician or clergyman) who substitutes temporarily for another member of the same profession.
62. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
63. Run away secretly with one's beloved.
65. (Norse mythology) Wife of Thor and guardian of the home.
68. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
69. A deep orange-red variety of chalcedony.
72. (botany) Outer tissue of bark.
75. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
76. South American palm yielding a wax similar to carnauba wax.
78. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
82. A small roofed building affording shade and rest.
85. English clergyman who (with John Henry Newman and Edward Pusey) founded the Oxford Movement (1792-1866).
88. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
89. Dry red Italian table wine from the Chianti region of Tuscany.
92. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
93. Perceive sound.
94. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
96. (Welsh) A warrior god.
97. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
98. Belonging to some prior time.
99. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
100. The capital and largest city of Japan.
1. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
2. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
3. (informal) Exceptionally good.
4. Having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.
5. The striking of one body against another.
6. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
7. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
8. The compass point that is one point east of northeast.
9. Lie adjacent to another.
10. (Middle East) Usually small round bread that can open into a pocket for filling.
11. The upper house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
12. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
13. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
14. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
15. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
21. A penicillinase-resistant form of penicillin (trade name Nafcil) used (usually in the form of its sodium salt) to treat infections caused by penicillin-resistant strains of staphylococci.
26. The wood cut from a tree burl or outgrowth.
28. A town in Italy in southwestern Sicily near the coast.
29. Of or relating to or denoting numbers.
31. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
33. A long slender cigar.
34. Lifting device consisting of a platform or cage that is raised and lowered mechanically in a vertical shaft in order to move people from one floor to another in a building.
36. A fee charged for exchanging currencies.
37. A chief of a North American tribe or confederation (especially an Algonquian chief).
38. A gold coin of the Byzantine Empire.
40. United States bandleader of a popular big band (1909-1944).
41. Capable of being isolated or disjoined.
42. Any of various mostly giant tropical lianas of Africa and Madagascar having greenish or purple flowers and long smooth pods.
44. A Mid-Atlantic state.
51. A number of sheets of paper fastened together along one edge.
52. Of a pale purple color.
53. An athlete who plays for pay on a part-time basis.
56. A dog small and tame enough to be held in the lap.
57. A strong emotion.
64. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
65. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
66. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
67. Advanced in years.
68. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
70. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
71. Any organic compound formed by adding alcohol molecules to aldehyde molecules.
72. And nothing more.
73. (Sumerian) Water god and god of wisdom.
74. Open to change.
77. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
78. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
79. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
80. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
81. The persistence of a sound after its source has stopped.
82. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
83. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
84. A bluish-white lustrous metallic element.
86. Characterized by or producing sound of great volume or intensity.
87. (prefix) Within.
90. Adult female chicken.
91. British informal term.
95. Being one more than one hundred.