1. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
4. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
8. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
12. Brick that is laid sideways at the top of a wall.
16. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
17. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
18. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
19. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
20. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
22. King of the Huns.
24. Not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances.
25. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
26. A form of magnetic resonance imaging of the brain that registers blood flow to functioning areas of the brain.
28. A public promotion of some product or service.
29. Something twisted and tight and swollen.
30. A Russian river.
32. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
35. In an idle manner.
36. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
39. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
41. Top part of an apron.
42. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
43. Concerned with promoting unity among churches or religions.
47. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
51. Have legs that curve outward at the knees.
53. A tricyclic antidepressant (trade names Adapin and Sinequan) with numerous side effects (dry mouth and sedation and gastrointestinal disturbances).
54. A crystal of snow.
55. (computer science) A computer that is running software that allows users to leave messages and access information of general interest.
56. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
57. A polymer of vinyl chloride used instead of rubber in electric cables.
58. Small space in a tissue or part such as the area between veins on a leaf or an insect's wing.
61. American Revolutionary leader from Virginia whose objections led to the drafting of the Bill of Rights (1725-1792).
64. Gaudy and showy but valueless.
65. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
66. A silvery malleable metallic element that resists corrosion.
67. Herbs and subshrubs.
68. Not out.
69. Suffering from a partial loss of memory.
73. A person who is entitled by law or by the terms of a will to inherit the estate of another.
74. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
77. A state in midwestern United States.
78. The sign language used in the United States.
80. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
81. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
82. A mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia.
87. Denuded of leaves.
91. A genus of Indriidae.
94. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
97. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
98. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
99. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
101. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
102. A device for creating a current of air by movement of a surface or surfaces.
103. Tropical Asian starlings.
104. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
105. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
1. Fallow deer.
2. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
3. God of death.
4. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
5. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
6. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
7. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
8. (slang) A gangster's pistol.
9. (anatomy) Of or relating to the ilium.
10. (Norse mythology) God of light and peace and noted for his beauty and sweet nature.
11. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
12. A person who eats human flesh.
13. (Greek mythology) One of the mountain nymphs.
14. Relating to or resembling or made of or adorned with pearls or mother-of-pearl.
15. At or near the beginning of a period of time or course of events or before the usual or expected time.
21. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
23. Brief episode in which the brain gets insufficient blood supply.
27. Large high frilly cap with a full crown.
31. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
33. Hawk's beard.
34. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
37. A drug (trade name Atabrine) used to treat certain worm infestations and once used to treat malaria.
38. Norwegian explorer of the Arctic and director of the League of Nations relief program for refugees of World War I (1861-1930).
40. (Greek) A benevolent spirit.
44. Large bamboo having thick-walled culms.
45. The capital and largest city of Cyprus.
46. (Sumerian) Consort of Dumuzi (Tammuz).
48. A small contrasting part of something.
49. Scandinavian liquor usually flavored with caraway seeds.
50. State clearly.
52. Period extending from Dec. 24 to Jan. 6.
59. A northeastern Iranian language spoken in Russia.
60. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
62. Before noon.
63. Shah of Iran who was deposed in 1979 by Islamic fundamentalists (1919-1980).
70. Canadian writer noted for his analyses of the mass media (1911-1980).
71. A plant fiber used for making rope.
72. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
75. A native of ancient Troy.
76. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
79. Established irrevocably.
83. A particular environment or walk of life.
84. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
85. That is to say.
86. A spoon-shaped vessel with a long handle.
88. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
89. Interface consisting of a standard port between a computer and its peripherals that is used in some computers.
90. The compass point that is one point south of southeast.
92. Precipitation of ice pellets when there are strong rising air currents.
93. Severe diabetes mellitus with an early onset.
95. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
96. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
100. A radioactive element of the actinide series.