1. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
4. Limited or below average in number or quantity or magnitude or extent.
9. Sound recording consisting of a disc with continuous grooves.
13. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
16. An association of countries in the western hemisphere.
17. (Japanese) Rice (with raw fish) wrapped in seaweed.
18. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
19. An angular shape characterized by sharp turns in alternating directions.
20. Not alert or attentive.
22. A starlike object that may send out radio waves and other forms of energy.
23. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
24. Type genus of the Ranidae.
25. Tall New Zealand timber tree.
27. An order of monocotyledonous plants including Amaryllidaceae and Liliaceae and Iridaceae.
29. An associate degree in nursing.
30. Type genus of the Ardeidae.
32. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
33. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
35. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
36. A member of the extinct Algonquian people formerly living in northern Indiana and southern Michigan.
39. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
43. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
45. Half the width of an em.
46. A member of any of various Indian peoples of central Mexico.
47. Informal terms for a mother.
49. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
51. A knockout declared by the referee who judges one boxer unable to continue.
52. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
55. Sudden mass fear and anxiety over anticipated events.
56. Electro-acoustic transducer for converting electric signals into sounds.
59. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
61. A local and habitual twitching especially in the face.
62. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
64. Make soiled, filthy, or dirty.
66. A bureaucrat who levies taxes.
67. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
68. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
70. A white crystalline double sulfate of aluminum.
73. A New England state.
74. Hypothetical remedy for all ills or diseases.
79. Provide commentary for a film, for example.
82. Jordan's port.
83. A genus of Ploceidae.
86. Follower of Rastafarianism.
89. A byproduct of inflammation.
90. Type genus of the Pipridae containing the typical manakins.
92. Willing to face danger.
95. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
96. A tool with a flat blade attached at right angles to a long handle.
97. (computer science) A system of world-wide electronic communication in which a computer user can compose a message at one terminal that is generated at the recipient's terminal when he logs in.
98. Very dark black.
99. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
100. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
101. Norse chieftan who became the first duke of Normandy (860-931).
102. Avatar of Vishnu.
103. Edible tuber of any of several yams.
104. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
1. Being one more than three.
2. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
3. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
4. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
5. British classical scholar (born in Australia) who advocated the League of Nations and the United Nations (1866-1957).
6. Out of bed.
7. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
8. Strong highly flavored sweet liquor usually drunk after a meal.
9. The face of a timepiece.
10. Lacking taste or flavor or tang.
11. An ordered reference standard.
12. Type genus of the Cariamidae comprising only the crested cariama.
13. Any of numerous ornamental shrubs grown for their showy flowers of various colors.
14. (British) An open river valley (in a hilly area).
15. Armor plate that protects the chest.
21. Soviet physicist who worked on low temperature physics (1908-1968).
26. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
28. (chemistry) Being or containing an acid.
31. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
34. A member of an Indian people formerly living along the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
37. An iron-clad vessel built by the Confederate forces in the hope of breaking the blockade imposed by the North.
38. Not in keeping with accepted standards of what is right or proper in polite society.
40. The middle region of the body of an arthropod between the head and the abdomen.
41. A mountain peak in central Washington.
42. Free from disturbance.
44. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
48. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
50. A dyed fabric.
53. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
54. A framework that supports climbing plants.
57. Manufactured in standard sizes to be shipped and assembled elsewhere.
58. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
60. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
63. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
65. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
69. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
71. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
72. A form of address for a man.
75. A city in northeastern Ohio.
76. Greek mythology.
77. Any of numerous plants of the genus Capparis.
78. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
80. A particular environment or walk of life.
81. An analytic or interpretive literary composition.
82. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
84. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
85. Herb of the Pacific islands grown throughout the tropics for its edible root and in temperate areas as an ornamental for its large glossy leaves.
87. A village in eastern Ireland (northwest of Dublin).
88. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
91. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
93. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
94. Informal terms for a mother.