1. Brightly colored and showy.
5. A vigorous blow.
9. A device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.
13. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
16. The emotion of hate.
17. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
18. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
19. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
20. In a murderous frenzy as if possessed by a demon.
21. A violent denunciation.
23. A long racket with a triangular frame.
24. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
26. Duck of the northern hemisphere much valued for the fine soft down of the females.
27. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
28. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
29. The sign language used in the United States.
30. The state that precedes vomiting.
32. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
35. Mostly tropical stinging herbs or trees.
37. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
41. A long pointed rod used as a weapon.
42. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
46. The dynasty that ruled much of Manchuria and northeastern China from 947 to 1125.
47. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
50. A capacity unit used for measuring fresh herring.
51. (law) A defense by an accused person purporting to show that he or she could not have committed the crime in question.
53. An island in the Persian Gulf.
57. A special way of doing something.
58. Vacuum flask that holds liquid air or helium for scientific experiments.
59. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
60. (informal terms) Small and of little importance.
62. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
63. Supplied with or powered by fuel.
65. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
66. The longest division of geological time.
68. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
71. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
74. Czech novelist who wrote in German about a nightmarish world of isolated and troubled individuals (1883-1924).
77. A public promotion of some product or service.
80. A motley assortment of things.
82. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
84. Includes some plants usually placed in e.g. genus Dicksonia.
87. A doctor's degree in music.
90. (informal usage) A general feeling of boredom and dissatisfaction.
91. One thousand grams.
92. Made of fir or pine.
93. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
94. Being nothing more than specified.
97. A recurring sleep state during which rapid eye movements do not occur and dreaming does not occur.
99. (informal) Roused to anger.
100. Witnessed at first hand.
101. Scottish philosopher of common sense who opposed the ideas of David Hume (1710-1796).
102. Any orchid of the genus Disa.
103. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. God of wealth and love.
2. The posterior part of the mandible that is more or less vertical.
3. An island consisting of a circular coral reef surrounding a lagoon.
4. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
5. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
6. Not contained in or deriving from the essential nature of something.
7. Of or relating to or near the nares.
8. Proceeding in small stages.
9. On that.
10. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
11. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
12. The 3 goddesses of fate or destiny.
13. A family of Amerindian languages spoken in Washington and British Columbia.
14. A city in northwestern Switzerland.
15. Causing fear or dread or terror.
22. A state in which everything seems wrong and will turn out badly.
25. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
31. Stout-bodied broad-winged moth with conspicuously striped or spotted wings.
33. Having concealed difficulty.
34. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
36. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
38. An airfoil that controls lateral motion.
39. A government on the island of Taiwan established in 1949 by Chiang Kai-shek after the conquest of mainland China by the communists led by Mao Zedong.
40. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
43. A river that rises in northern Colombia and flows generally eastward to the Orinoco in central Venezuela.
44. A Dravidian language spoken in southern India.
45. Marked by extreme anger.
48. At or near or toward the stern of a ship or tail of an airplane.
49. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
52. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
54. German biologist and philosopher.
55. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
56. A state in southeastern United States.
61. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
64. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
67. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
69. An order of dicotyledonous trees of the subclass Hamamelidae.
70. Someone who has won first place in a competition.
72. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
73. Type genus of the Anatidae.
75. A person you know well and regard with affection and trust.
76. Of or concerning Qatar.
78. Sudden mass fear and anxiety over anticipated events.
79. Red pear-shaped tropical fruit with poisonous seeds.
80. The basic unit of money in Iran.
81. Tropical tree of Central America and West Indies and Puerto Rico having spikes of white flowers.
82. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
83. On or toward the lee.
85. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
86. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
88. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
89. An informal term for a father.
95. A period of time equal to 1/24th of a day.
96. A doctor's degree in religion.
98. Informal terms for a mother.