1. Cleaning implement consisting of absorbent material fastened to a handle.
4. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
9. A short piece remaining on a trunk or stem where a branch is lost.
13. Having only superficial plausibility.
16. A strong emotion.
17. South African plant widely cultivated for its showy pure white spathe and yellow spadix.
18. A river in central Italy rising in the Apennines and flowing through Florence and Pisa to the Ligurian Sea.
19. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
20. A Chadic language spoken in the Mandara mountains in Cameroon.
22. New Zealand timber tree resembling the cypress.
24. Noisy talk.
25. Of or relating to a seizure or convulsion.
26. A professional cook.
27. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
29. Green algae common in freshwater lakes of limestone districts.
30. Draw air into, and expel out of, the lungs.
33. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
36. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
39. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
41. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
43. A motorized wheeled vehicle used for camping or other recreational activities.
45. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
46. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
47. (informal) Exceptionally good.
49. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
51. An outlying farm building for storing grain or animal feed and housing farm animals.
52. Informal terms for the mouth.
54. Any of the openings to the nasal cavities that allow air to flow through the cavities to the pharynx.
56. A worker engaged in making steel.
59. A legendary creature resembling a tiny old man.
61. A public promotion of some product or service.
62. Sound of strumming.
63. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
64. A cruel wicked and inhuman person.
67. A city in northwestern Syria.
69. Covered with scabs.
70. Departing or being caused to depart from the true vertical or horizontal.
75. Being or occurring in fact or actuality.
76. The capital and largest city of Japan.
78. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
79. 32nd President of the United States.
80. A small cake leavened with yeast.
83. Enclosed in a protective covering.
87. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
90. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
92. Wear away through erosion or vaporization.
94. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
95. An evil spirit.
96. Lie adjacent to another.
98. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
99. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
100. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
101. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
102. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
1. Constituting an imitation.
2. Any of various herbaceous plants of the genus Atriplex that thrive in deserts and salt marshes.
3. The cardinal number that is the sum of four and one.
4. Of or relating to a directionless magnitude.
5. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
6. Raspberry native to eastern North America having black thimble-shaped fruit.
7. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
8. The lean flesh of a fish similar to cod.
9. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
10. (prefix) Across or crossing or on the opposite side.
11. (especially of promises or contracts) Having been violated or disregarded.
12. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
13. A person to whom money is paid.
14. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
15. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
21. Disposed to venture or take risks.
23. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
28. Felt hat with a creased crown.
31. Jewelry to ornament the ear.
32. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
34. State in northeastern India.
35. God of death.
37. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
38. Antihistamine (trade name Benadryl) used to treat allergic reactions involving the nasal passages (hay fever) and also to treat motion sickness.
40. Make a rattling sound.
42. Forbidden by law.
44. A piece of armor plate (with eye slits) fixed or hinged to a medieval helmet to protect the face.
46. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
48. South American cavy.
50. (used as a sentenced connector) Therefore or consequently.
53. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
55. The 17th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
57. Normal relaxed breathing.
58. Highly excited.
60. The number of opening per inch of a screen.
65. (archaic) A burden (figuratively in the form of a bundle).
66. A mining town in southern Wales.
68. An ancient town on Crete where Bronze Age culture flourished from about 2000 BC to 1400 BC.
69. Raspberry native to eastern North America having black thimble-shaped fruit.
71. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
72. Liver or meat or fowl finely minced or ground and variously seasoned.
73. The capital and largest city of Iran.
74. (informal) Of the highest quality.
77. A narrow headband or strip of ribbon worn as a headband.
81. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
82. A vessel in which something is immersed to maintain it at a constant temperature or to process or lubricate it.
84. Unusually great in size or amount or degree or especially extent or scope.
85. Chief port of Yemen.
86. Material used to daub walls.
88. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
89. Flat tableland with steep edges.
91. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
93. A unit of heat equal to the amount of heat required to raise one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit at one atmosphere pressure.
97. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.