1. A sudden loss of consciousness resulting when the rupture or occlusion of a blood vessel leads to oxygen lack in the brain.
4. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
8. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
12. (Roman mythology) A princess of Tyre who was the founder and queen of Carthage.
16. A spacecraft that carries astronauts from the command module to the surface of the moon and back.
17. Not only so, but.
18. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
19. On, to, or at the top.
20. Fragrant resin obtain from trees of the family Burseraceae and used as incense.
22. A slow pace of running.
25. A republic on the west coast of Africa.
26. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
29. The mother of your father or mother.
31. Excessive intolerance of opposing views.
32. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
34. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
37. Liver or meat or fowl finely minced or ground and variously seasoned.
40. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
43. An iconic mental representation.
44. Not out.
46. A projecting bay window corbeled or cantilevered out from a wall.
49. Greek mythology.
50. Practicing complete abstinence from alcoholic beverages.
52. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
53. A business whose articles of incorporation have been approved in some state.
54. The act of hopping (jumping upward or forward (especially on one foot)).
55. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
56. An ancient upright stone slab bearing markings.
59. Submerged freshwater perennials.
61. An accidental happening.
62. Having an irregularly notched or toothed margin as though gnawed.
63. A rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders).
64. Pick out, select, or choose from a number of alternatives.
68. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
69. Be bossy towards.
71. Tag the base runner to get him out.
74. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
77. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
80. Shrub bearing round-fruited kumquats.
83. English physician who in retirement compiled a well-known thesaurus (1779-1869).
87. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
89. Be insistent and refuse to budge.
91. Common Indian weaverbird.
92. The use of nuclear magnetic resonance of protons to produce proton density images.
93. Port city in northwestern Belgium and industrial center.
95. (prefix) Within.
96. A city in northern India.
97. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
98. A French abbot.
99. A large quantity of written matter.
100. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
1. Large swift fly the female of which sucks blood of various animals.
2. Of or relating to the velum.
3. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
4. The 16th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
5. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
6. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
7. Wearing footgear.
8. A fixed charge for a privilege or for professional services.
9. A public promotion of some product or service.
10. Relating to the deepest parts of the ocean (below 6000 meters).
11. Diabetes caused by a relative or absolute deficiency of insulin and characterized by polyuria.
12. Any of various hard resins from trees of the family Dipterocarpaceae and of the genus Agathis.
13. A republic in southern Europe on the Italian Peninsula.
14. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
15. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
21. Perennial East Indian creeping or climbing herb used for dye in the orient.
23. Type genus of the Pezizaceae.
24. Come into possession of.
27. Of deserts of northern Africa and southern Asia.
28. A former monetary unit in Great Britain.
30. (of securities) Not quoted on a stock exchange.
33. Vodka and beef bouillon or consomme.
35. Youthful appearance in an old person.
36. Appear again.
38. Relating to or like or divided into areolae.
39. Italian painter (1696-1770).
41. Any skeletal muscle having two origins (but especially the muscle that flexes the forearm).
42. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
44. An official who carries a mace of office.
45. Abbreviation of a word by omitting the final sound or sounds.
47. (anatomy) A somewhat rounded subdivision of a bodily organ or part.
48. An informal term for a father.
51. Derived by copying something else.
57. An adherent of any branch of Taoism.
58. (informal) `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War.
60. A hanging fold of loose skin on an elderly person's neck.
65. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
66. An amine containing the double bond linkage -C=C-N-.
67. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
70. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
72. Bristlelike process near the tip of the antenna of certain flies.
73. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
75. A reflective thinker characterized by quiet contemplation.
76. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
78. A chordophone that has a triangular frame consisting of a sounding board and a pillar and a curved neck.
79. English essayist (1775-1834).
81. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
82. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
84. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
85. Long-bodied long-tailed tropical American wildcat.
86. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
88. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
89. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
90. Contemptuous name for a Black man who is abjectly servile and deferential to Whites.
94. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.