1. Standard temperature and pressure.
4. Obvious and dull.
9. A small island.
13. A light touch or stroke.
16. Chiefly perennial grasses of cool temperate regions.
17. A positively charged electrode by which electrons leave an electrical device.
18. Agitation resulting from active worry.
19. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
20. A doctor's degree in education.
21. Australian clover fern.
22. Grains used as food either unpolished or more often polished.
23. Extremely pleasing.
24. An ancient port city in southwestern Spain.
26. French architect who introduced the mansard roof (1598-1666).
29. A drug (trade names Atarax and Vistaril) used as a tranquilizer to treat anxiety and motion sickness.
31. United States writer who was a leading figure of the beat generation (1922-1969).
32. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
34. Step on it.
36. A light springing movement upwards or forwards.
39. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
41. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
45. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
46. Hard strong durable yellowish-brown wood of teak trees.
47. A small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold.
49. Something whose name is either forgotten or not known.
51. (biology) Restricted to a particular condition of life.
54. (law) A defense by an accused person purporting to show that he or she could not have committed the crime in question.
55. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
56. A young peafowl.
58. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
59. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
61. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
62. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
63. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
64. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
68. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
69. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
70. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
71. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
73. The act of scanning.
76. A man who is much concerned with his dress and appearance.
78. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
79. Flightless New Zealand birds similar to gallinules.
83. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
84. An international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security.
87. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
91. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
92. Towards the side away from the wind.
93. An ancient Assyrian city on the River Tigris and traditional capital of Assyria.
94. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
95. The supernatural being conceived as the perfect and omnipotent and omniscient originator and ruler of the universe.
96. (Greek mythology) The winged goddess of the dawn in ancient mythology.
97. Gather, as of as crops.
98. Common Indian weaverbird.
99. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
1. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
2. A member of a pastoral people living in the Nilgiri hills of southern India.
3. A genus of Ploceidae.
4. A Japanese cheer of enthusiasm or triumph.
5. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
6. A small constellation in the southern hemisphere near Lupus and Ara in the Milky Way.
7. Large antelope with lightly spiraled horns of desert regions of North Africa.
8. A historical area and former kingdom in northwestern Spain.
9. Jewish republic in southwestern Asia at eastern end of Mediterranean.
10. A person who spreads frightening rumors and stirs up trouble.
11. A public lecturer at certain universities.
12. A member of a people living in southern Benin and Togo and southeastern Ghana.
13. Mar or spoil the appearance of.
14. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
15. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
25. A Greek island west of Greece.
27. Gull-like jaeger of northern seas.
28. Tranquilizer (trade name Haldol) used to treat some psychotic disorders and Tourette's syndrome.
30. (British) A member of the military police.
33. (of glass or quartzite) Marred by small bubbles or small particles of foreign material.
35. (Old Testament) Adam's wife in Judeo-Christian mythology.
37. A state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico.
38. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
40. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
42. The emotion of hate.
43. Regional and archaic.
44. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
48. Being of the achromatic color of maximum lightness.
50. A compound whose molecules are composed of two identical monomers.
52. Italian painter (born in Greece) whose deep shadows and barren landscapes strongly influenced the surrealists (1888-1978).
53. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
57. (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man.
60. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
63. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
65. The airforce of Great Britain.
66. Stain (furniture) black to make it look like ebony.
67. Naked-tailed armadillo of tropical South America.
68. A member of a people living in southern Benin and Togo and southeastern Ghana.
72. Doctrine of enlightenment as the realization of the oneness of one's self and the visible world.
74. Engraving or carving in low relief on a stone (as in a brooch or ring).
75. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
77. A city in Veneto.
78. In operation or operational.
80. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
81. A compound in which the hydrogen atoms of a hydrocarbon have been replaced by bromine and other halogen atoms.
82. Leave or strike out, as of vowels.
85. A mountain lake (especially one formed by glaciers).
86. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
87. A prominent rock or pile of rocks on a hill.
88. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
89. The sign language used in the United States.
90. The bill in a restaurant.