1. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
4. Uncomfortably cool.
9. In addition.
13. A state-chartered savings bank owned by its depositors and managed by a board of trustees.
16. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
17. A minor Hebrew prophet (8th century BC).
18. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
19. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
20. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
21. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
22. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
23. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
24. Common Indian weaverbird.
26. Formed like a bacillus.
28. That which is responsible for one's thoughts and feelings.
30. Any of several Old World herbs of the genus Medicago having small flowers and trifoliate compound leaves.
32. A formal expression of praise.
38. In or of the present month.
43. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
44. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
45. A river that rises in northern Colombia and flows generally eastward to the Orinoco in central Venezuela.
46. Of or being the lowest female voice.
48. A person who participates in or is skilled at some game.
49. A detailed critical inspection.
51. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
52. Cut off from a whole.
53. Divulge information or secrets.
54. Fiddler crabs.
56. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
57. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
60. A woody climbing usually tropical plant.
63. A garment covering the leg (usually extending from the knee to the ankle).
65. The practice of living without clothes for reasons of health.
66. Having no employment.
67. Large hairy humanoid creature said to live in the Himalayas.
68. The time of life between the ages of 12 and 20.
70. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
72. (computer science) A kind of computer architecture that has a large number of instructions hard coded into the cpu chip.
75. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
80. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
84. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
85. Of or relating to the island republic of Nauru or its residents.
89. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
90. The principal evil jinni in Islamic mythology.
91. English prelate noted for his pessimistic sermons and articles (1860-1954).
93. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
94. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
95. Indigo bush.
96. An informal term for a father.
97. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
3. Any of the forms of Chinese spoken in Fukien province.
4. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
5. An auxiliary activity.
6. (Old Testament) A son of Jacob and a forebear of one of the tribes of Israel.
7. Carnivorous or bloodsucking aquatic or terrestrial worms typically having a sucker at each end.
8. A long pointed rod used as a weapon.
9. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
10. A university town in southeast Wyoming.
11. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
12. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
13. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
14. Speaking a Slavic language.
15. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
25. An absence of emotion or enthusiasm.
27. Port city in western Saudi Arabia on the Red Sea.
29. A silvery malleable metallic element that resists corrosion.
31. A Mid-Atlantic state.
33. (electronics) Of a circuit or device having an output that is proportional to the input.
34. A wild and exciting undertaking (not necessarily lawful).
35. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
36. A red soil produced by rock decay.
37. An intense and irresistible love for yourself and concern for your own needs.
39. Clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion.
40. Proboscis monkeys.
41. Bid over an opponent's bid when one's partner has not bid or doubled, in Bridge.
42. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
47. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
50. The basic unit of money in China.
55. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
58. Food chopped into small bits.
59. Appointed to a post or duty.
61. A state in northwestern North America.
62. Horny projecting mouth of a bird.
64. A member of the Caddo people of NE Texas.
69. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
71. A former British gold coin worth 21 chillings.
73. (law) A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy.
74. A public promotion of some product or service.
76. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
77. A small cake leavened with yeast.
78. Soft creamy white cheese.
79. A town in north central Oklahoma.
81. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
82. By bad luck.
83. Give over.
86. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
87. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
88. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
92. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
93. Support resembling the rib of an animal.