1. An honorary degree in science.
4. A drug (trade names Calan and Isoptin) used as an oral or parenteral calcium blocker in cases of hypertension or congestive heart failure or angina or migraine.
9. Absent without permission.
13. An overwhelming feeling of wonder or admiration.
16. An actor's line that immediately precedes and serves as a reminder for some action or speech.
17. United States conductor (born in Japan in 1935).
18. City in southwestern Colombia in a rich agricultural area.
19. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
20. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
21. Reveal in private.
23. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
25. (law) The seat for judges in a courtroom.
27. The first light of day.
29. At full speed.
30. A Christian Bishop who translated the Bible from Greek into Gothic (311-382).
32. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
34. A wrongful dispossession.
37. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
39. Avatar of Vishnu.
43. A small pendant fleshy lobe at the back of the soft palate.
46. Ions are accelerated along a linear path by voltage differences on electrodes along the path.
47. The lowest brass wind instrument.
48. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
50. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
51. A state in southeastern United States between the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico.
52. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
54. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
55. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
57. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
59. Covered or protected with or as if with a case.
61. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
62. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
64. Relating to of containing or affecting blood.
66. East Indian tree yielding a resin used medicinally and burned as incense.
68. Pleasant or pleasing or agreeable in nature or appearance.
70. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.
72. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
73. Coffee-flavored liqueur made in Mexico.
78. The Palestinian uprising (beginning in 1987) against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
81. Medieval artillery used during sieges.
85. A member of the Wakashan people living on Queen Charlotte Sound and northern Vancouver Island.
88. Carpenter bees.
90. United States designer noted for an innovative series of chairs (1907-1978).
91. Type genus of the Cariamidae comprising only the crested cariama.
93. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
94. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
95. Of a moderate orange-yellow color.
97. Make reference to.
99. An inflammatory complication of leprosy that results in painful skin lesions on the arms and legs and face.
100. Last or greatest in an indefinitely large series.
101. English poet (1880-1958).
102. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
103. A column of light (as from a beacon).
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. A communist state in the Caribbean on the island of Cuba.
3. An administrator in charge of a division of a university or college.
4. The snail-shaped tube (in the inner ear coiled around the modiolus) where sound vibrations are converted into nerve impulses by the Organ of Corti.
5. Relating to or containing the azo radical.
6. An island of central Hawaii.
7. Exceptionally bad or displeasing.
8. The basic unit of money in Nigeria.
9. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
10. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
11. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
12. Of a pale purple color.
13. Largest known toad species.
14. Gully or streambed in North Africa and the Middle East that remains dry except during rainy season.
15. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
22. The quantity of an active agent (substance or radiation) taken in or absorbed at any one time.
24. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
26. A short heavy curved sword with one edge.
28. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
31. A radioactive element of the alkali-metal group discovered as a disintegration product of actinium.
33. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
35. Genus of perennial rhizomatous herb of southern and southeastern United States.
36. A large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments).
38. Any of several Orthodox Jewish sects who reject modern secular culture and many of whom do not recognize the spiritual authority of the modern state of Israel.
40. Genus of beetles whose grubs feed mainly on roots of plants.
41. Covered with paving material.
42. Congenital absence of the heart (as in the development of some monsters).
44. A deep bow.
45. Remove from memory or existence.
49. A civil or military authority in Turkey or Egypt.
53. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
56. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
58. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
60. Make improvements or corrections to.
63. With considerable certainty.
65. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
67. A region of northeastern France famous for its wines.
69. About three feet long exclusive of tail.
71. Place or set apart.
72. Of a pale purple color.
74. Corresponding exactly.
75. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
76. A city of southeastern Mexico.
77. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
79. Unable to relax or be still.
80. A shape that spreads outward.
81. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
82. A person in desperate straits.
83. (possibly Roman) Goddess of horses and mules and asses.
84. A large gathering of people intended to arouse enthusiasm.
86. A state of extreme poverty.
87. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
89. (Norse mythology) The primeval giant slain by Odin and his brothers and from whose body they created the world.
92. A widely distributed system consisting of all the cells able to ingest bacteria or colloidal particles etc, except for certain white blood cells.
96. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
98. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.