1. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
4. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
8. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
12. A small quantity of liquid.
16. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
17. Set down according to a plan.
18. A roughly cylindrical that is vessel open at the top.
19. A narrow elongated opening or fissure between two symmetrical parts.
20. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
21. The period during which something is functional (as between birth and death).
24. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
26. Establish on a new scale.
27. The formation of frost or ice on a surface.
28. Roman Emperor who was the adoptive son of Trajan.
30. Minute freshwater crustacean having a round body enclosed in a transparent shell.
32. A dyed fabric.
35. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
37. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
38. A toroidal shape.
40. A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence).
44. The work of caring for or attending to someone or something.
45. The craft of basket making.
51. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
52. The cry made by sheep.
53. Rousing or recalling to unity and renewed effort.
55. Broken husks of the seeds of cereal grains that are separated from the flour by sifting.
56. A fraudulent business scheme.
57. A class of proteins produced in lymph tissue in vertebrates and that function as antibodies in the immune response.
58. Long nerve fiber that conducts away from the cell body of the neuron.
59. The longest division of geological time.
61. The sacred city of Lamaism.
63. Something to which a mountain climber's rope can be secured v 1.
64. Diverge from the expected.
68. A member of the North American Indian people living in southern Arizona and northern Mexico.
70. Have supper.
71. So lacking in interest as to cause mental weariness.
74. A unit of apothecary weight equal to 20 grains.
75. Made dim or less bright.
79. An ancient city on the Nile in Egypt.
82. An important seaport on the Island of Cebu in the Philippines.
84. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
85. A United States youth subculture of the 1950s.
86. A hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland that stimulates the adrenal cortex.
89. (informal) Of the highest quality.
91. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
92. Altered from an originally straight condition.
95. A slight amount or degree of difference.
96. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
97. One of the jointed appendages of an animal used for locomotion or grasping.
98. A lyric poet.
99. Earnest and conscientious activity intended to do or accomplish something.
1. A card game in which players bet against the dealer on the cards he will draw from a dealing box.
2. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
3. The highest level or degree attainable.
4. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
5. (Scotland) A landowner.
6. A prisoner serving a term of life imprisonment.
7. Deciduous round-headed Asiatic tree widely grown in mild climates as an ornamental for its heart-shaped leaves and fragrant yellow-green flowers followed by hanging clusters of fleshy orange-red berries.
8. Any customary and rightful perquisite appropriate to your station in life.
9. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
10. Bordered by a line of things.
11. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
12. A unit of apothecary weight equal to an eighth of an ounce or to 60 grains.
13. Small genus of erect perennial shrubby herbs.
14. Of or relating to Oman or its people.
15. A large heavy knife used in Central and South America as a weapon or for cutting vegetation.
22. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
23. Type genus of the Pipidae.
25. Of or relating to or characteristic of Chile or its people.
29. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
31. The univalent unsaturated organic radical C3H5.
33. An organism (especially a bacterium) that does not require air or free oxygen to live.
34. Wearing a turban.
36. One related on the mother's side.
39. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
41. The Japanese art of folding paper into shapes representing objects (e.g., flowers or birds).
42. A province of southern China.
43. Red fishes of American coastal tropical waters having very large eyes and rough scales.
46. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
47. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
48. God of love and erotic desire.
49. Hypothyroidism marked by dry skin and swellings around lips and nose as well as mental deterioration.
50. Garlic mayonnaise.
54. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
60. Any of numerous low-growing plants of the genus Crocus having slender grasslike leaves and white or yellow or purple flowers.
62. A formal spoken communication delivered to an audience.
65. Rice cooked with broth and sprinkled with grated cheese.
66. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
67. A huge destructive wave (especially one caused by an earthquake).
68. Deciduous round-headed Asiatic tree widely grown in mild climates as an ornamental for its heart-shaped leaves and fragrant yellow-green flowers followed by hanging clusters of fleshy orange-red berries.
69. A discussant who offers an example or a reason or a proof.
72. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
73. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
76. A master's degree in literature.
77. Moth having nonfunctional mouthparts as adults.
78. An informal term for a father.
80. A small hard fruit.
81. A loose material consisting of grains of rock or coral.
83. A small cake leavened with yeast.
87. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
88. A bachelor's degree in theology.
90. A doctor's degree in education.
91. A metric unit of length equal to 100 meters.
93. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
94. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.