1. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
4. Spicy fruit of the cubeb vine.
9. Expel, as of gases and odors.
13. An accountant certified by the state.
16. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
17. Cause to be embarrassed.
18. Formerly the chief magistrate in the republics of Venice and Genoa.
19. A resource.
20. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
21. A genus of Laridae.
22. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
23. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
24. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
26. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
27. (Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation) Optical device that produces an intense monochromatic beam of coherent light.
28. Being one more than one.
29. A chain of connected ideas or passages or objects so arranged that each member is closely related to the preceding and following members (especially a series of patristic comments elucidating Christian dogma).
31. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
33. The jurisdiction or office of an abbot.
38. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
41. Treat with contemptuous disregard.
45. A change in the electrical properties of the skin in response to stress or anxiety.
46. Half the width of an em.
47. Having been read.
48. Brightly colored carnivorous fish of western Atlantic and West Indies waters.
50. Not in good physical or mental health.
52. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
54. All the weapons and equipment that a country has.
55. (Sumerian) Water god and god of wisdom.
56. (informal terms) "gave me a cockamamie reason for not going".
57. The right to take another's property if an obligation is not discharged.
58. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
59. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
60. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.
61. An honorary arts degree.
65. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
67. A large oven for firing or burning or drying such things as porcelain or bricks.
69. Concerning or affecting a particular person or his or her private life and personality.
71. An extreme state of adversity.
73. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
74. Not widely known.
75. Greek coloratura soprano (born in the United States) known for her dramatic intensity in operatic roles (1923-1977).
78. A device that, on receiving radar signals, transmits coded signals in response to help navigators determine their position.
80. A member of a people who have no permanent home but move about according to the seasons.
83. A confusion of voices and other sounds.
85. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
89. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
93. Taking place over public roads.
94. Any of the short curved hairs that grow from the edges of the eyelids.
95. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
97. An actor's line that immediately precedes and serves as a reminder for some action or speech.
98. Large edible mackerel of temperate United States coastal Atlantic waters.
99. Able to act at will.
100. A small cake leavened with yeast.
101. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
3. A person regarded as arrogant and annoying.
4. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
5. The state of existing and being localized in space.
6. A city in northwestern Switzerland.
7. A city in western Germany.
8. God of wealth and love.
9. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
10. Large high frilly cap with a full crown.
11. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
12. A unit of magnetic flux density equal to one weber per square meter.
13. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
14. A tube with a small bowl at one end.
15. The sixth month of the civil year.
25. (zoology) Lacking a tail or taillike appendage.
28. (usually followed by `to') Strongly opposed.
30. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
32. Provide with choice or abundant food or drink.
34. Small genus of chiefly east Asiatic hardy terrestrial orchids similar to genus Bletia.
35. The amount of cargo that can be held by a boat or ship or a freight car.
36. Marked by absence of sound.
37. make senseless or dizzy by or as if by a blow.
39. Articles of clothing worn about the neck.
40. Start burning.
42. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
43. (anatomy) Of or relating to a cavity or chamber in the body (especially one of the upper chambers of the heart).
44. Military barracks in a garrison town.
49. Ornamental objects of no great value.
51. (Sumerian) Consort of Dumuzi (Tammuz).
53. The seed of the cereal grass.
62. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
63. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
64. Transparent anterior portion of the outer covering of the eye.
66. English economist who argued that the laws of supply and demand should operate in a free market (1772-1823).
67. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
68. Being nine more than thirty.
70. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
72. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
76. Lower in esteem.
77. The 18th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
79. United States biochemist (born in Spain) who studied the biological synthesis of nucleic acids (born in 1905).
81. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
82. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
84. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
86. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
87. (computer science) A data transmission rate (bits/second) for modems.
88. On or toward the lee.
90. 3 to 30 kilohertz.
91. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
92. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
96. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.