1. An accountant certified by the state.
4. Grains used as food either unpolished or more often polished.
8. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
12. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
16. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
17. A program under which employees regularly accumulate shares and may ultimately assume control of the company.
18. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
19. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
20. Automatic data processing by electronic means without the use of tabulating cards or punched tapes.
21. The mathematics of generalized arithmetical operations.
23. (Greek mythology) Son of Daedalus.
24. Small space in a tissue or part such as the area between veins on a leaf or an insect's wing.
26. United States swimmer who in 1926 became the first woman to swim the English Channel (1903- ).
28. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
29. Preaching the gospel of Christ in the manner of the early church.
31. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
32. A bachelor's degree in science.
34. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
35. (Old Testament) The wife of Abraham and mother of Isaac.
38. A structure consisting of something wound in a continuous series of loops.
41. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
43. Goddess of the heavens and married love.
46. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
47. Canadian hockey player (born 1948).
48. A state in New England.
49. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
51. A town in southeastern New Mexico on the Pecos River near the Mexican border.
54. Projectiles to be fired from a gun.
56. Any wrongdoing for which and action for damages may be brought.
57. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
58. A member of a European military unit formerly composed of heavily armed cavalrymen v 1.
60. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
62. A benign tumor composed of muscle tissue.
64. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
65. A motley assortment of things.
67. Extracted from a source of supply as of minerals from the earth.
68. Omnivorous mammal of Central and South America.
70. A name that has been assumed temporarily.
72. Enthusiastic approval.
73. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
74. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
75. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
77. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
78. An edible tuber native to South America.
82. A public promotion of some product or service.
84. A small cake leavened with yeast.
89. Having a woven pattern.
93. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
95. A beckoning gesture.
97. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
98. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
99. Squash bugs.
100. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
101. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
102. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
103. Any of numerous trees of the family Cupressaceae that resemble cedars.
104. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
105. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A squeaking sound.
2. `Father' is a term of address for priests in some churches (especially Roman or Orthodox Catholic).
3. A former unit of electric current (slightly smaller than the SI ampere).
4. A rare soft orange mineral consisting of arsenic sulphide.
5. Muslims collectively and their civilization.
6. Tooth on the rim of gear wheel.
7. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
8. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
9. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
10. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
11. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
12. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
13. An Iranian language spoken in Afghanistan.
14. Largest known toad species.
15. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
22. A bachelor's degree in religion.
25. Any cohesive unit such as a military company.
27. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
30. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria and closely related to Hausa.
33. Lean end of the neck.
36. Run away.
37. A blind god.
39. Not subject to death.
40. Small South American marmoset with silky fur and long nonprehensile tail.
42. Genus of beetles whose grubs feed mainly on roots of plants.
44. The formation of frost or ice on a surface.
45. A metric unit of weight equal to one thousandth of a kilogram.
50. Very sad.
52. Genus of western United States annuals with showy yellow or white flowers.
53. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
55. Brilliantly colored south Asian pheasant.
59. Genus of erect herbs of the Middle East having showy flowers.
61. An associate degree in applied science.
63. (archaic) A fitting reward.
66. English monk and scholar (672-735).
69. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
71. The holy city of Shiite Muslims.
72. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
76. (British) A member of the military police.
79. A fractional monetary unit in Bangladesh and India and Nepal and Pakistan.
80. Remove a bar from (a door, for example).
81. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
83. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
85. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
86. A vessel in which something is immersed to maintain it at a constant temperature or to process or lubricate it.
87. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
88. Very dark black.
90. A Loloish language.
91. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
92. God of love and erotic desire.
94. An enclosed space.
96. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.