1. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
4. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
9. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
13. Cooking utensil consisting of a wide metal vessel.
16. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
17. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
18. A Hindu prince or king in India.
19. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
20. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
21. Of or relating to or characteristic of Ghana or its people or language.
23. Covered with or as if with clothes or a wrap or cloak.
25. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
27. Genus of tropical American herbs or subshrubs.
29. Doglike nocturnal mammal of Africa and southern Asia that feeds chiefly on carrion.
30. (of securities) Not quoted on a stock exchange.
32. Loose gown of the 17th and 18th centuries.
34. A mixture of nectar and pollen prepared by worker bees and fed to larvae.
38. Steal goods.
42. American Revolutionary leader and signer of the Declaration of Independence (1731-1814).
43. A sedimentary rock formed by the deposition of successive layers of clay.
46. An organization of military land forces.
47. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
48. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
50. Hand shears for cutting sheet metal.
51. An informal term for a father.
53. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
55. Largest known toad species.
56. A public promotion of some product or service.
58. A soft wet area of low-lying land that sinks underfoot.
59. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
60. A durable fabric formerly loomed by hand in China from natural cotton having a yellowish color.
63. Dwell (archaic).
66. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
68. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
69. In bed.
70. Footwear usually with wooden soles.
71. (Welsh) Corresponds to Iris Ler.
73. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
77. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
85. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
88. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
89. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
90. (physics) A deformation of an object in which parallel planes remain parallel but are shifted in a direction parallel to themselves.
91. Soft creamy white cheese.
93. Standard time in the 5th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 75th meridian.
94. A shape that sags.
95. (Irish) Goddess.
96. Scottish chemist noted for his research into the structure of nucleic acids (born in 1907).
97. The 17th letter of the Greek alphabet.
1. A card game in which players bet against the dealer on the cards he will draw from a dealing box.
2. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
3. The highest level or degree attainable.
4. A small piece of cloth.
5. Motivation based on ideas of right and wrong.
6. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
7. Medium tall celery pine of New Zealand.
8. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
9. A particular environment or walk of life.
10. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
11. Rare (usually fatal) brain disease (usually in middle age) caused by an unidentified slow virus.
12. Port city of Denmark in eastern Jutland.
13. A tube with a small bowl at one end.
14. Chief port of Yemen.
15. A quantity of no importance.
22. Marked by correspondence or resemblance.
24. Low spreading tropical American shrub with long slender leaves used to make a mildly stimulating drink resembling tea.
26. Transparent anterior portion of the outer covering of the eye.
28. Either extremity of something that has length.
31. Having a toe or toes of a specified kind.
33. A police officer who investigates crimes.
35. Covered with paving material.
36. Something that hinders as if with bonds v 1.
37. A religious sect founded in the United States in 1966.
39. The place where something begins, where it springs into being.
40. Exemption from punishment or loss.
41. Spartan general who defeated the Athenians in the final battle of the Peloponnesian War (died in 395 BC).
44. A port city in southwestern Iran.
45. A member of an ancient people living east of Babylonia as early as 4000 BC.
49. A positive feeling of wanting to push ahead with something.
52. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
54. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
57. A unit of magnetic flux equal to 100,000,000 maxwells.
61. The Hebrew patriarch who saved himself and his family and the animals by building an ark in which they survived 40 days and 40 nights of rain.
62. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
64. A flexible container with a single opening.
65. Spin or twist together so as to form a cord.
67. A student enrolled in (or graduated from) Eton College.
68. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
72. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
73. The habitation of wild animals.
74. Genus of tropical plants with creeping rootstocks and small umbellate flowers.
75. Low-growing tropical perennials grown for their stingless foliage.
76. Having the head uncovered.
78. A district in southwestern Manhattan noted for its shops and restaurants and galleries and artist's lofts.
79. An outlying farm building for storing grain or animal feed and housing farm animals.
80. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
81. The state of owing money.
82. (law) Lacking any legal or binding force.
83. Pretentious or silly talk or writing.
84. (prefix) Within.
86. The month following July and preceding September.
87. A federally chartered savings bank.
88. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
92. An artificial language for international use that rejects rejects all existing words and is based instead on an abstract analysis of ideas.