1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
4. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
9. Greater than normal in degree or intensity or amount.
13. An affirmative.
16. Japanese ornamental tree with fragrant white or pink blossoms and small yellow fruits.
17. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
18. A shaft on which a wheel rotates.
19. Late time of life.
20. Resembling a berry.
22. Australian physiologist noted for his research on the conduction of impulses by nerve cells (1903-1997).
24. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
25. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
26. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
28. After a negative statement used as an intensive meaning something like `likewise' or `also'.
30. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
31. A fibrous amphibole.
33. (trademark) A tinned luncheon meat made largely from pork.
36. Used of a single unit or thing.
37. Atypically small.
41. An ancient city of Sumer located on a former channel of the Euphrates River.
42. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
43. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory (trade name Torodal) that is given only orally.
46. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
47. Qualities that attract by seeming to promise some kind of reward.
49. A salt or ester of vanadic acid.
50. American political cartoonist (1840-1902).
51. Unable to move or resist motion.
53. Being nine more than forty.
54. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
55. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
56. A small Asian country high in the Himalayas between India and Tibet.
57. Anneal or toughen by a process of gradually heating and cooling.
61. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
62. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
63. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
65. Peptic hormone produced by the mucous lining of the small intestine.
68. By bad luck.
70. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
72. Resembling or similar.
73. The civil and religious leader of a Muslim state.
75. United States composer (born in France) whose music combines dissonance with complex rhythms and the use of electronic techniques (1883-1965).
77. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
78. (of a male animal) Having the testicles removed.
81. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
82. A festival featuring African-American culture.
87. The content of cognition.
91. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
92. Disgraceful gossip about the private lives of other people.
96. Work doggedly or persistently.
97. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
98. The distinctive form in which a thing is made.
100. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
101. 100 sene equal 1 tala.
102. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
103. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
104. A three-year law degree.
1. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
2. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
3. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
4. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
5. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
6. A branch of the Tai languages.
7. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
8. In such a manner as could not be otherwise.
9. A large estate in Spanish-speaking countries.
10. Being nine more than thirty.
11. A thin morbid discharge as from a wound or especially chronic gonorrhea.
12. Greek poet whose existing works describe rural life and the genealogies of the gods and the beginning of the world (eighth century BC).
13. Not only so, but.
14. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
15. The sixth month of the civil year.
21. (Greek mythology) Fire-breathing she-monster with a lion's head and a goat's body and a serpent's tail.
23. Any collection in its entirety.
27. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
29. Of or relating to a dialect of Sotho or the Bantu people who speak it.
32. Largest city in Washington.
34. Small genus of perennial mostly Eurasian having terminal spikes of small purplish or white flowers.
35. A member of an Indian people formerly living along the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
38. (meteorology) Of an air current or wind.
39. Resembling a rose.
40. (of market animals) Made ready for market.
44. Water falling in drops from vapor condensed in the atmosphere.
45. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
48. An official or legal cancellation.
52. Considerate and solicitous care.
58. Any bundle of nerve fibers running to various organs and tissues of the body.
59. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
60. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
64. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
66. Free from dirt or impurities.
67. Call forth.
69. Signs collectively (especially commercial signs or posters).
70. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
71. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
74. A city in north central Morocco.
76. A downhill race over a winding course defined by upright poles.
79. The sacred city of Lamaism.
80. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
83. A raised mark on the skin (as produced by the blow of a whip).
84. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
85. A public promotion of some product or service.
86. God of love and erotic desire.
88. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
89. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
90. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
93. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
94. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
95. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
99. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.