1. The federal department responsible for safeguarding national security.
4. Formerly a term of respect for important white Europeans in colonial India.
9. Distinctive and stylish elegance.
13. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
16. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
17. 100 penni equal 1 markka.
18. A person who makes use of a thing.
19. Fiddler crabs.
20. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
21. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
22. Needlework done by interlocking looped stitches with a hooked needle.
24. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
25. A family of languages of the Fula people of west Africa in the sub-Sahara regions from Senegal to Chad.
27. Constructed with or in the form of an arch or arches.
29. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
30. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
31. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
32. An orange isomer of an unsaturated hydrocarbon found in many plants.
37. Projectiles to be fired from a gun.
41. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
42. Southeastern European plant cultivated for its fragrant purplish flowers and round flat papery silver-white seedpods that are used for indoor decoration.
44. A narrow way or road.
46. A spacecraft that carries astronauts from the command module to the surface of the moon and back.
48. Obscene terms for female genitals.
50. Tree (as opposed to shrub).
52. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
54. A clay-like mineral.
56. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
58. A small amount (especially of a drink).
59. Inability to stand due to muscular incoordination.
60. Annual to perennial herbs of the Mediterranean region.
63. A city of central China.
64. Of or relating to a clone.
65. Being nine more than forty.
66. A bag used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women).
70. A magnetic tape recorder for recording (and playing back) TV programs.
73. Radioactive iodine test that measures the amount of radioactive iodine taken up by the thyroid gland.
76. Obvious and dull.
79. Goddess of fertility.
84. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
85. Placed crosswise.
87. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
89. A thin wedge of material (wood or metal or stone) for driving into crevices.
92. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
94. Being one more than two.
95. Free from risk or danger.
96. A small cake leavened with yeast.
97. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
98. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
1. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
2. Fast-growing herbaceous evergreen tree of South America having a broad trunk with high water content and dark green oval leaves.
3. Consisting of or involving two parts or components usually in pairs.
4. Small and compactly built upright piano.
5. Any orchid of the genus Aerides.
6. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.
7. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
8. The basic unit of money in Ethiopia.
9. French artist who immigrated to the United States.
10. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
11. A several-seeded dehiscent fruit as e.g. of a leguminous plant.
12. Hormones (estrogen and progestin) are given to postmenopausal women.
13. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
14. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
15. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
23. The constellation that includes the southern celestial pole.
26. Little known Kamarupan languages.
28. A young eagle.
33. Youthful appearance in an old person.
34. Malayan tree bearing spiny red fruit.
35. 1 species.
36. Small ornamental ladies' bag for small articles.
38. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
39. Of or relating to or involved the practice of aiding the memory.
40. Settle in a new place.
43. Jewish republic in southwestern Asia at eastern end of Mediterranean.
45. A Hindu goddess who releases from sin or disease.
47. The Jewish rite of circumcision performed on a male child on the eighth day of his life.
49. Gone by.
51. Genus of tropical trees.
53. Very small silvery eellike schooling fishes that burrow into sandy beaches.
55. A light strong gray lustrous corrosion-resistant metallic element used in strong light-weight alloys (as for airplane parts).
57. A stipulated condition.
61. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
62. Basic principles of the cosmos.
67. With no effort to conceal.
68. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
69. A geographical region of northeastern South America including Guyana and Surinam.
71. (of panes of glass) Fixed in place by means of thin strips of lead.
72. A Mid-Atlantic state.
74. Light wispy precipitation that evaporates before it reaches the ground (especially when the lower air is low in humidity).
75. A public promotion of some product or service.
77. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
78. Marked by or showing unaffected simplicity and lack of guile or worldly experience.
80. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
81. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
82. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
83. A female domestic.
86. An enclosed space.
88. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
90. A state in New England.
91. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
93. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.