1. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
4. Filled with a great quantity.
9. (Sumerian) Sun god.
13. Hormone produced early in pregnancy by the placenta.
16. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
17. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
18. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
19. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
20. A bin for holding coal.
22. Chiefly tropical trees and shrubs and vines usually having a tall columnar trunk bearing a crown of very large leaves.
24. Being one more than two.
25. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
26. Any plant of the genus Gazania valued for their showy daisy flowers.
28. A metric unit of capacity equal to the volume of 1 kilogram of pure water at 4 degrees centigrade and 760 mm of mercury (or approximately 1.76 pints).
29. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
30. Affording unobstructed entrance and exit.
31. The bottom of a shoe or boot.
32. Activity leading to skilled behavior.
34. A doctor's degree in religion.
35. Secured or held in place by tape.
37. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
38. A white trivalent metallic element.
41. Norwegian writer of novels (1859-1952).
43. (Roman mythology) God of love.
47. A comedy characterized by broad satire and improbable situations.
52. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
53. A member of the Siouan people formerly inhabiting the Black Hills of western South Dakota.
55. A growth in strength or number or importance.
56. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
58. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
60. A cap with no brim or bill.
61. Call upon in supplication.
63. Feeling or showing extreme anger.
66. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
67. A canvas bag that is used to feed an animal (such as a horse).
68. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
70. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
71. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
73. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
75. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
78. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
79. Put up in a new or different housing.
80. An ascocarp having the spore-bearing layer of cells (the hymenium) on a broad disklike receptacle.
84. A state in northwestern North America.
86. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
87. United States film actor (1917-1997).
91. A telegram sent abroad.
95. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
96. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
98. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
100. An associate degree in applied science.
101. Of a light yellowish-brown color n 1.
102. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
103. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
104. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
105. A strong emotion.
106. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
107. A small cake leavened with yeast.
108. The basic unit of money in Romania.
1. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
2. For or by a group rather than individuals.
3. Made afraid.
4. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
5. Lighted up by or as by fire or flame.
6. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
7. The square of a body of any size of type.
8. A genus of the cactus family with scarlet flowers.
9. Not set afire or burning.
10. Small buffalo of Mindoro in the Philippines.
11. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
12. Relating to or characteristic of the Celts.
13. A republic in the West Indies on the western part of the island of Hispaniola.
14. A mound of stones piled up as a memorial or to mark a boundary or path.
15. Norwegian composer whose work was often inspired by Norwegian folk music (1843-1907).
21. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
23. An associate degree in nursing.
27. A slight wind (usually refreshing).
29. Draw in by breathing.
33. A river in central Italy rising in the Apennines and flowing through Florence and Pisa to the Ligurian Sea.
36. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
39. A Ukrainian peninsula between the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov.
40. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
42. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
44. A dark region of considerable extent on the surface of the moon.
45. Coextensive with the family Oleaceae.
46. Sweet liqueur made from wine and brandy flavored with plum or peach or apricot kernels and bitter almonds.
48. 20 aspers equal 1 kuru.
49. Elevated open grassland in southern Africa.
50. Lean end of the neck.
51. A city in southeastern South Korea.
54. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
57. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
59. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
62. A Russian river.
64. Popular music originating in the West Indies.
65. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
69. Leafless East Indian vine.
72. Having leadership guidance.
74. A inexpensive showy collectibles.
76. Mythical bird of prey having enormous size and strength.
77. A member of the Semitic speaking people of northern Ethiopia.
78. Of comparatively little physical weight or density.
81. A stringed instrument of India.
82. Comb-plate or locomotor organ consisting of a row of strong cilia whose bases are fused.
83. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
85. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
88. Type genus of the Majidae.
89. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
90. God of death.
92. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
93. A narrow way or road.
94. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
97. Cooking utensil consisting of a wide metal vessel.
98. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
99. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
100. Being nine more than ninety.