1. A unit of conductance equal to the reciprocal of an ohm.
4. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
9. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
13. Hawaiian dish of taro root pounded to a paste and often allowed to ferment.
16. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
17. A unit of luminous flux equal to the amount of light given out through a solid angle of 1 steradian by a point source of 1 candela intensity radiating uniformly in all directions.
18. A sudden short attack.
19. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
20. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
21. Be earlier in time.
23. A legally binding command or decision entered on the court record (as if issued by a court or judge).
25. By bad luck.
27. A facial expression characterized by turning up the corners of the mouth.
29. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
30. Stem of the rattan palm used for making canes and umbrella handles.
31. One of the evil spirits of traditional Jewish and Christian belief.
33. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
35. A Christian celebration of the Resurrection of Christ.
37. With rapid movements.
40. Enthusiastic approval.
42. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
44. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
45. Any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae.
46. One thousand periods per second.
50. A state in midwestern United States.
53. Mechanical device consisting of a toothed wheel or rack engaged with a pawl that permits it to move in only one direction.
55. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
59. United States industrialist who manufactured plows suitable for working the prairie soil (1804-1886).
60. A heavy block of iron or steel on which hot metals are shaped by hammering.
61. A pin or bolt forming the pivot of a hinge.
62. State in northeastern India.
63. Being one more than two.
64. Socialist who wrote The Communist Manifesto with Karl Marx in 1848 (1820-1895).
65. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
66. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
71. The capital of Bahrain.
73. A Spanish river.
74. (superlative of `good') Having the most positive qualities.
75. Brazilian statesman who ruled Brazil as a virtual dictator (1883-1954).
77. A master's degree in fine arts.
78. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
81. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
84. Not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances.
87. (sometimes followed by `of') Having or showing realization or perception.
90. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
91. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
92. (New Testament) Disciple of Jesus.
95. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
97. The content of cognition.
98. A native or inhabitant of Spain.
99. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
1. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
2. Heal or recover.
3. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
4. Any high mountain.
5. Goddess of war.
6. Punish with an arbitrary penalty.
7. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
8. A genus of tropical American plants have sword-shaped leaves and a fleshy compound fruits composed of the fruits of several flowers (such as pineapples).
9. Alloy of copper and tin and zinc.
10. Unknown god.
11. A long narrow natural elevation or striation.
12. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
13. A South American river.
14. Affording unobstructed entrance and exit.
15. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
22. A state in east central United States.
24. A woman's shoe with a very high thick sole.
26. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
28. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
32. Informal terms for a mother.
34. A large group of islands in the south Pacific including Melanesia and Micronesia and Polynesia (and sometimes Australasia and the Malay Archipelago).
36. A crystalline metallic element not found in nature.
38. Small order of macroscopic fresh and brackish water algae with a distinct axis.
39. (law) The privilege of using something that is not your own (as using another's land as a right of way to your own land).
41. Of or relating to or characteristic of Latvia or its people or language.
43. A state in northwestern North America.
47. Any of numerous plants of the genus Capparis.
48. An area in which something acts or operates or has power or control.
49. Spiced hot milk with rum or wine.
51. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
52. East Indian annual erect herb.
54. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 100 liters.
56. A medium (art or business) that disseminates moving pictures.
57. Comb-plate or locomotor organ consisting of a row of strong cilia whose bases are fused.
58. (Norse mythology) The chief race of gods living at Asgard.
67. A state in southwestern Germany famous for its beer.
68. A village in eastern Ireland (northwest of Dublin).
69. A member of a Germanic people who invaded northern Italy in the 6th century.
70. The trait of lacking restraint or control.
71. A South American river.
72. (trademark) A liquid that temporarily disables a person.
76. Coils of worsted yarn.
79. Inspired by a feeling of fearful wonderment or reverence.
80. An extravagantly enthusiastic review.
82. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
83. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
84. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
85. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
86. A demon who swallows the sun causing eclipses.
88. A period of time spent sleeping.
89. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
90. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
93. A bachelor's degree in science.
94. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
96. An informal term for a father.