1. A light touch or stroke.
4. Title for the former hereditary monarch of Iran.
8. German bacteriologist who isolated the anthrax bacillus and the tubercle bacillus and the cholera bacillus (1843-1910).
12. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
16. A reptile genus of Iguanidae.
17. Long-bodied long-tailed tropical American wildcat.
18. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
19. A sudden short attack.
20. Of or relating to or near the coccyx.
22. Distillery where wine is made.
24. Toward the mouth or oral region.
25. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
26. The slender spear of the Bantu-speaking people of Africa.
29. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
30. Property that is leased or rented out or let.
32. A human limb.
33. A member of an Athapaskan people that migrated to Arizona and New Mexico and Utah.
35. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
36. Beside one another in a row or rank.
37. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
40. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
46. King of the Visigoths who captured Rome in 410 (370-410).
50. Port city on Atlantic coast.
51. Avatar of Vishnu.
52. A member of a military unit trained as shock troops for hit-and-run raids.
54. Lacking in light.
55. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
56. (of hair) "auburn hair".
57. A city in western Saudi Arabia.
60. A homeless child especially one forsaken or orphaned.
62. A genus of Sterninae.
63. (zoology) Relating to frogs and toads.
64. Before noon.
65. (Scotland) A landowner.
67. A person who announces and plays popular recorded music.
69. Having the slant of a bevel.
70. A genus of Psittacidae.
74. A Mid-Atlantic state.
75. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
77. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
79. Person who does no work.
84. A doctor's degree in music.
87. A reproduction of a written record (e.g. of a legal or school record).
89. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
90. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
92. A recognizable kind.
94. (informal) Roused to anger.
95. The last (12th) month of the year.
96. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
97. Slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric.
98. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Of or belonging to or suitable for a duke.
2. Eaten as mush or as a thin gruel.
3. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
4. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
5. Type genus of the Hylidae.
6. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
7. Large heavy rope for nautical use.
8. A male sovereign.
9. A large body of water constituting a principal part of the hydrosphere.
10. Type genus of the Cariamidae comprising only the crested cariama.
11. A boat with a flat bottom for carrying heavy loads (especially on canals).
12. Loud confused noise from many sources.
13. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
14. The face of a timepiece.
15. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
21. Dried bark of the cascara buckthorn used as a laxative.
23. The villain in William Shakespeare's tragedy who tricked Othello into murdering his wife.
27. Block consisting of a thick piece of something.
28. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
31. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
34. A benign epithelial tumor forming a rounded mass.
38. A person being ordained.
39. Adornment consisting of a small piece of shiny material used to decorate clothing.
41. A state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico.
42. A river in southeastern Australia that flows generally northwest to join the Darling River.
43. An event that occurs at a critical time.
44. A Dravidian language spoken in southern India.
45. Small genus of evergreen trees of tropical America and western Africa.
47. To fix or set securely or deeply.
48. An Asian river between China and Russia.
49. Earn on some commercial or business transaction.
53. Conspicuously or grossly unconventional or unusual.
58. Half the width of an em.
59. French artist who immigrated to the United States.
61. Made of or easily forming flakes.
66. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
68. A literary language of Chinese Turkestan (named for one of the sons of Genghis Khan).
69. A boat with a flat bottom for carrying heavy loads (especially on canals).
71. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
72. A circular segment of a curve.
73. The capital and largest city of Zambia.
76. A legendary creature resembling a tiny old man.
78. Tropical tree of Central America and West Indies and Puerto Rico having spikes of white flowers.
79. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
80. Be foolish or senile due to old age.
81. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
82. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
83. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
85. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
86. An informal term for a father.
88. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
91. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
93. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.