1. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
4. A city in northwestern Syria.
8. Tropical Asian starlings.
12. An antidepressant drug that acts by blocking the reuptake of serotonin so that more serotonin is available to act on receptors in the brain.
16. The capital and largest city of Japan.
17. A member of the British order of honor.
18. Someone who copies the words or behavior of another.
19. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
20. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
22. A particular environment or walk of life.
24. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
25. Remote and separate physically or socially.
26. Athenian lawmaker whose code of laws prescribed death for almost every offense (circa 7th century BC).
28. A Scandinavian language (closely related to Icelandic) that is spoken on the Faroe Islands.
31. Someone whose business is advertising.
33. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
34. A sheet or band of fibrous connective tissue separating or binding together muscles and organs etc.
39. (trademark) A transparent thermoplastic acrylic resin.
44. (Norse mythology) A dwarf who possessed a treasure that was stolen by Loki.
46. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
49. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
50. An overwhelming feeling of fear and anxiety.
51. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
52. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
54. A narrow elongated opening or fissure between two symmetrical parts.
55. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
58. Having a sophisticated charm.
59. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
60. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
61. Relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body.
63. Other than what is under consideration or implied.
64. A title of address formerly used for a man of rank and authority.
66. English historian noted for his history of England (1800-1859).
68. A serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court.
69. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
70. A Loloish language.
72. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
79. Individual serving of minced e.g. meat or fish in a rich creamy sauce baked in a small pastry mold or timbale shell.
87. God of the Underworld.
88. Howler monkeys.
91. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
92. The median ridge on the breastbone of birds that fly.
93. Tropical and subtropical marine and freshwater fishes having an elongated body and long protruding lower jaw.
94. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
95. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
96. Presence of abnormally large amounts of uric acid in the urine.
97. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. Coffee with the caffeine removed.
2. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
3. Designating a solution containing 1 mole of solute per 1000 grams of solvent.
4. Make less active or intense.
5. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
6. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
7. An anxiety disorder associated with serious traumatic events and characterized by such symptoms as guilt about surviving or reliving the trauma in dreams or numbness and lack of involvement with reality or recurrent thoughts and images.
8. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
9. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
10. North American water snakes.
11. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
12. (Judeo-Christian religion) Chief spirit of evil and adversary of God.
13. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
14. The basic unit of money in Iran.
15. Not in action or at work.
21. Not used in all classifications.
23. Manufactured in standard sizes to be shipped and assembled elsewhere.
27. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
29. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
30. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
32. Large agile arboreal monkey with long limbs and tail and white upper eyelids.
35. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
36. In a radial manner.
37. A statement that is assumed to be true and from which a conclusion can be drawn.
38. Slender tower with balconies.
40. Accumulation in the blood of nitrogen-bearing waste products (urea) that are usually excreted in the urine.
41. Largest flying birds in the western hemisphere.
42. Genus of tropical plants with creeping rootstocks and small umbellate flowers.
43. A flexible container with a single opening.
45. French writer who is considered the father of science fiction (1828-1905).
47. A native-born Israeli.
48. Relating to the deepest parts of the ocean (below 6000 meters).
53. Spread or daub over.
56. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
57. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
62. The central part of a car wheel (or fan or propeller etc) through which the shaft or axle passes.
65. The ball-shaped capsule containing the vertebrate eye.
66. Make less active or intense.
67. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
71. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
73. (informal) Of the highest quality.
74. Hard red wheat grown especially in Russia and Germany.
75. Big-eyed scad.
76. Located farther aft.
77. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
78. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
80. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
81. A Loloish language.
82. A bunch of hair or feathers or growing grass.
83. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
84. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
85. A thrusting blow with a knife.
86. A village in eastern Ireland (northwest of Dublin).
89. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
90. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.