1. The rate at which red blood cells settle out in a tube of blood under standardized conditions.
4. By bad luck.
8. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
12. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
16. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
17. The cardinal number that is the fifth power of ten.
18. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
19. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
20. A police officer who investigates crimes.
21. A lever that is operated with the foot.
23. A housing for a radar antenna.
25. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
27. A succulent orange-sized tropical fruit with a thick rind.
28. A person responsible for hiring workers.
29. A Chinese breed of small short-legged dogs with a long silky coat and broad flat muzzle.
30. One-hundredth of a right angle.
32. A bachelor's degree in science.
35. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
37. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
44. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Naprosyn) used in the treatment of arthritis and musculoskeletal inflammation and moderate pain.
46. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
48. A former unit of electric current (slightly smaller than the SI ampere).
49. Occurring or appearing or singled out by chance.
54. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
55. A genus of Paridae.
56. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
57. A grounder that rolls along the infield.
59. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
60. A small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold.
61. An associate degree in nursing.
62. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
63. Waterproof hip boots (sometimes extending to the chest) worn by anglers.
65. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
66. English writer noted for his elaborate style (1554-1606).
69. The condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded).
71. Made of fir or pine.
72. Pertaining to or containing any of a group of organic compounds of nitrogen derived from ammonia.
74. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
75. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
80. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
84. The largest island of the central Ryukyu Islands.
86. Of or at or relating to an anode.
88. (British) Your grandmother.
89. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
90. (Greek mythology) A princess of Colchis who aided Jason in taking the Golden Fleece from her father.
92. Powerful mackerel shark of the Atlantic and Pacific.
93. A branch of the Tai languages.
94. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
95. Of or relating to or involving an area.
96. A stock exchange in New York.
97. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
1. Informal terms for a meal.
2. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
3. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
4. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
5. Above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent.
6. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
7. The imperial dynasty ruling China from about the 18th to the 12th centuries BC.
8. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
9. (Greek mythology) One of the mountain nymphs.
10. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
11. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
12. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
13. Without moral standards or principles.
14. Having corresponding sounds especially terminal sounds.
15. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
22. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
24. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
26. Earlier in time.
31. A man who is a stupid fool.
33. Tropical American morning glory.
34. Free from liquid or moisture.
36. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
38. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
39. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
40. A unit of length (in United States and Britain) equal to one twelfth of a foot.
41. A popular island resort in the Netherlands Antilles.
42. Type genus of the Giraffidae.
43. Porridge made of rolled oats.
45. Found near the Channel Islands.
47. A bottle with a stopper.
50. (with `in') Guardianship over.
51. (Welsh) The farmer god.
52. (`cease' is a noun only in the phrase `without cease') End v 1.
53. Covered with paving material.
58. Someone who is not a clergyman or a professional person.
64. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
67. Of or relating to the lips of the mouth.
68. Relatively small gnawing animals having a single pair of constantly growing incisor teeth specialized for gnawing.
70. Large bamboo having thick-walled culms.
73. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
76. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
77. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
78. Acute ulceration of the mucous membranes of the mouth or genitals.
79. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
81. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
82. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
83. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
85. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
87. A bluish transparent magnetic liquid obtained by compressing gaseous oxygen.
88. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
91. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.