1. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
4. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
9. A skullcap worn by nuns under a veil or by soldiers under a hood of mail or formerly by British sergeants-at-law v 1.
13. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
16. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
17. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
18. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
19. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
20. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
21. Hold back to a later time.
22. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
23. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
24. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
26. A large family of related languages spoken both in Asia and Africa.
29. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
31. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
32. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
34. Any of a class of solid or semisolid viscous substances obtained either as exudations from certain plants or prepared by polymerization of simple molecules.
37. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
39. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
42. Chief port of Yemen.
44. The fourth month of the Hindu calendar.
48. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
50. Among the largest bony fish.
51. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
53. (used of animals especially a horse) Of a moderate reddish-brown color n 1.
54. Stingless male bee in a colony of social bees (especially honeybees) whose sole function is to mate with the queen.
55. Report or maintain.
56. A flat float (usually made of logs or planks) that can be used for transport or as a platform for swimmers.
58. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
60. The lower house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
61. A cord with an attached hook that is used to fire certain types of cannon.
63. Without qualification.
65. The number that is represented as a one followed by 6 zeros.
66. Water frozen in the solid state.
67. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
68. The father of your father or mother.
71. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
72. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
74. Small genus of hairy herbs with yellow flowers.
76. Any orchid of the genus Aerides.
78. A river that rises in northern Colombia and flows generally eastward to the Orinoco in central Venezuela.
81. Voluntary contributions to aid the poor.
83. A city in northern India.
84. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
85. Russian country house.
87. In operation or operational.
90. The thick short innermost digit of the forelimb.
93. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
95. A small amount of residue.
97. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
100. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
102. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
103. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
104. Urged social reform in 19th century England.
106. Preserve of crushed fruit.
107. The Hebrew patriarch who saved himself and his family and the animals by building an ark in which they survived 40 days and 40 nights of rain.
108. Advanced in years.
109. An informal term for a father.
110. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Divulge information or secrets.
2. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. An informal term for a father.
5. The content of cognition.
6. Leaf fibers of the raffia palm tree.
7. Someone who copies the words or behavior of another.
8. The capital and largest city of Venezuela.
9. Having three dimensions.
10. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
11. (Sumerian) Consort of Dumuzi (Tammuz).
12. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
13. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
14. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
15. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
25. Of or relating to the function or production or secretion of urine.
27. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
28. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
30. An associate degree in nursing.
33. In bed.
35. Germanic barbarian leader who ended the western Roman Empire in 476 and became the first barbarian ruler of Italy (434-493).
36. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the moon in ancient mythology.
38. Marked by or showing unaffected simplicity and lack of guile or worldly experience.
40. French otologist who first described a form of vertigo now known as Meniere's disease and identified the semicircular canals as the site of the lesion (1799-1862).
41. Type genus of the Adelgidae.
43. Australian wild horse.
45. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
46. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
47. Doglike nocturnal mammal of Africa and southern Asia that feeds chiefly on carrion.
49. Move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment.
52. A spoon-shaped vessel with a long handle.
57. A major waterfall in southern Africa.
59. Type genus of the Ardeidae.
62. A public promotion of some product or service.
64. A four-wheeled wagon that runs on tracks in a mine.
69. Formerly a large constellation in the southern hemisphere between Canis Major and the Southern Cross.
70. A full skirt with a gathered waistband.
73. Any of several plants of the genus Camassia.
74. An informal term for a father.
75. Send out rays or waves.
76. The capital and largest city of Venezuela.
77. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
79. A loss of will power.
80. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
82. Marked by practical hardheaded intelligence.
83. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
86. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
88. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
89. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
91. A man distinguished by exceptional courage and nobility and strength.
92. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
94. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
96. A Hindu prince or king in India.
98. A master's degree in business.
99. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
101. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
105. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.