1. Type and only genus of the family Tytonidae.
5. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
9. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
13. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
16. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
17. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
18. Willing to face danger.
19. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
20. A festival featuring African-American culture.
21. Not open or affording passage or access.
23. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
24. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
25. North American sucker with reddish fins.
27. Explosive consisting of a yellow crystalline compound that is a flammable toxic derivative of toluene.
29. Used of gloves, socks, etc..
31. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
33. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
36. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
40. A unit of resistance equal to a billionth of an ohm.
41. A chemical compound containing the azido group combined with an element or radical.
43. Complacently or inanely foolish.
44. A medium (art or business) that disseminates moving pictures.
46. An assembly (including one or more judges) to conduct judicial business.
48. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
49. An injury that doesn't break the skin but results in some discoloration.
52. Speak in a nasal voice.
56. A white trivalent metallic element.
57. Composed of or covered with relatively large particles.
59. Made tough by habitual exposure.
61. A landlocked republic in northwestern Africa.
62. A firm open-weave fabric used for a curtain in the theater.
66. A state in midwestern United States.
67. A car that is closed and that has front and rear seats and two or four doors.
68. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
72. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
73. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
75. The act of scanning.
83. Swift timid long-eared mammal larger than a rabbit having a divided upper lip and long hind legs.
84. An ancient Greek city on the slopes of Mount Parnassus.
85. Lace again.
86. Blood cells that engulf and digest bacteria and fungi.
88. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
90. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
91. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
92. Uttering in an irritated tone.
93. A river in northwestern Russia flowing generally west into the Gulf of Finland.
94. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
2. A ship's small boat (usually rowed by 4 or 6 oars).
3. The friction between a body and the surface on which it moves (as between an automobile tire and the road).
4. Poisonous herbs.
5. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
6. A stiff chitinous seta or bristle especially of an annelid worm.
7. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
8. Possessing material wealth.
9. 100 agorot equal 1 shekel.
10. A basket (usually hooded) used as a baby's bed.
11. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
12. Having leadership guidance.
13. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
14. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
15. God of death.
22. Type genus of family Lophiidae.
26. (Norse mythology) Ruler of the Aesir.
28. Russian physicist (1895-1971).
30. American inventor.
32. Acting according to certain accepted standards.
34. (an Irish term of address expressing affection) Darling.
35. (geology) Before the appearance of life.
37. A cyst on the underside of the tongue.
38. Taxonomic kingdom comprising all living or extinct animals.
39. Grown for its thickened edible aromatic root.
42. Sediment that has settled at the bottom of a liquid.
45. In bed.
50. British informal term.
51. A unit of luminous flux equal to the amount of light given out through a solid angle of 1 steradian by a point source of 1 candela intensity radiating uniformly in all directions.
53. (linguistics) Of speech sounds.
54. Beautiful daughter of Minos and Pasiphae.
55. Minute aquatic herbs floating on or below the water surface of still water consisting of a leaflike frond or plant body and single root.
58. The herd of horses from which those to be used the next day are chosen.
60. A polyvalent metallic element that resembles chromium and tungsten in its properties.
63. An ancient port on the Mediterranean.
64. A long steep slope or cliff at the edge of a plateau or ridge.
65. An authoritative direction or instruction to do something.
69. A Chadic language spoken in Chad.
70. Xerophytic evergreen shrubs.
71. The largest city of Cameroon.
72. (in golf) The standard number of strokes set for each hole on a golf course, or for the entire course.
74. A Buddhist who has attained nirvana.
76. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
77. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
78. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
79. A metal frame or container holding cartridges.
80. Divulge information or secrets.
81. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
82. Queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology.
87. A radioactive element of the alkali-metal group discovered as a disintegration product of actinium.
89. Broadcasting visual images of stationary or moving objects.