1. A royal treasury.
5. Voluntary contributions to aid the poor.
9. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
13. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
16. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
17. A man who is the lover of a girl or young woman.
18. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
19. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
20. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
22. Placed crosswise.
24. Glazed yeast-raised doughnut-shaped roll with hard crust.
26. A historical region of southwestern India on the west coast.
28. A Java application.
29. A quantity of no importance.
30. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
31. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
32. Marked by features of the immediate and usually discounted past.
35. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
37. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
39. A woman sahib.
44. About three feet long exclusive of tail.
48. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria and closely related to Hausa.
49. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
50. Joyful religious song celebrating the birth of Christ.
51. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
55. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
56. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
59. The friend of Phintias who pledged his life that Phintias would return (4th century BC).
61. A sock knitted or woven with a diamond-shaped pattern.
63. Growing old.
64. A graphical record of electric currents associated with muscle contractions.
65. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
69. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
71. A skullcap worn by religious Jews (especially at prayer).
74. The noise of a rounded object dropping into a liquid without a splash adv.
77. A genus of Ploceidae.
80. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
81. Port city on southeastern Honshu in central Japan.
83. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
85. A spoon-shaped vessel with a long handle.
88. Of or relating to a dyad or based on two.
89. Large herbivorous tropical American arboreal lizards with a spiny crest along the back.
91. A fabric made from the hair of sheep.
92. A period of time spent sleeping.
93. Deciduous or evergreen shrubs and shrubby trees of temperate and subtropical North America, South Africa, eastern Asia and northeastern Australia.
95. Expel or eject (saliva or phlegm or sputum) from the mouth.
96. Largest known toad species.
97. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
98. Suggestive of the supernatural.
99. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
100. An account describing incidents or events.
1. A comedy characterized by broad satire and improbable situations.
2. (anatomy) Of or relating to the ilium.
3. The act of scanning.
4. Moths whose larvae are cutworms.
5. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
6. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
7. Covered with paving material.
8. Distinguish oneself.
9. A city in northwestern Switzerland.
10. (of pain or sorrow) Made easier to bear.
11. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
12. A young woman making her debut into society.
13. A fully differentiated structural and functional unit in an animal that is specialized for some particular function.
14. English monk and scholar (672-735).
15. Muslims collectively and their civilization.
21. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
23. Select as an alternative.
25. Supply with notes.
27. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
33. A state in northwestern North America.
34. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
36. A metallic element of the rare earth group.
38. The capital of Turkey.
40. Automatic data processing by electronic means without the use of tabulating cards or punched tapes.
41. A deficiency of red blood cells.
42. A breeding ground for herons.
43. The formation of frost or ice on a surface.
45. An edilbe seaweed with a mild flavor.
46. A doughnut-shaped chamber used in fusion research.
47. Pain in the gums.
52. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
53. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
54. Being or dressed in clothes that are worn or torn.
57. Primitive evergreen mosslike plant with spores in club-shaped strobiles.
58. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
60. Characteristic of or relating to winter.
62. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
66. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
67. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
68. A representation (drawing or model) of something in which the outside is omitted to reveal the inner parts.
69. A fully differentiated structural and functional unit in an animal that is specialized for some particular function.
70. Any member of Athapaskan tribes that migrated to the southwestern desert (from Arizona to Texas and south into Mexico).
71. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
72. A genus of orb-weaving spiders including common garden spiders and barn spiders.
73. A lake in northwestern Russia north of St. Petersburg.
75. Steadfast in allegiance or duty.
76. Similar to the giraffe but smaller with much shorter neck and stripe on the legs.
78. Any of numerous composite plants having flower heads with well-developed ray flowers usually arranged in a single whorl.
79. Dried out by heat or excessive exposure to sunlight.
80. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
82. Engage or hire for work.
84. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
86. Set lower.
87. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
90. A pointed tool for marking surfaces or for punching small holes.
94. An ancient city of Sumer located on a former channel of the Euphrates River.
95. Before noon.