1. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
4. A mental representation of some haunting experience.
9. Any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal.
13. Not divisible by two.
16. Step on it.
17. Relating to or near the ulna.
18. The 19th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
19. (in golf) The standard number of strokes set for each hole on a golf course, or for the entire course.
20. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
22. Correction by erasing.
25. Living quarters reserved for wives and concubines and female relatives in a Muslim household.
27. (biology) Of unlike parts or organs.
28. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
29. (printing) Written or printed immediately following another character and aligned with it.
31. Half the width of an em.
32. A toy wind instrument that has a membrane that makes a sound when you hum into the mouthpiece.
36. Any orchid of the genus Disa.
40. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
43. Present reasons and arguments.
45. A soft blackish-brown resinous exudate from various rockroses used in perfumes especially as a fixative.
47. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
48. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
50. Weedy trailing mat-forming herb with bright yellow flowers cultivated for its edible mildly acid leaves eaten raw or cooked especially in Indian and Greek and Middle Eastern cuisine.
51. A man's sleeveless garment worn underneath a coat.
53. The capacitance of a capacitor that has an equal and opposite charge of 1 coulomb on each plate and a voltage difference of 1 volt between the plates.
55. Domestic swine.
56. Used of a single unit or thing.
57. For a short time.
60. A ribbon used as a decoration.
63. Characteristic of false pride.
65. Greek philosopher and astronomer (who predicted an eclipse in 585 BC) who was said by Aristotle to be the founder of physical science.
66. A landlocked republic in eastern Africa.
67. An Eskimo hut.
69. An unfledged or nestling hawk.
71. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
72. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
73. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
74. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
75. The rate at which red blood cells settle out in a tube of blood under standardized conditions.
80. The sciences concerned with gathering and manipulating and storing and retrieving and classifying recorded information.
82. A small spineless globe-shaped cactus.
84. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
89. In bed.
92. The first of the Old Testament patriarchs and the father of Isaac.
94. United States psychologist who studied the intelligence of primates (1876-1956).
96. A reptile genus of Iguanidae.
97. Mature female of mammals of which the male is called `buck'.
98. With rapid movements.
100. A Swiss patriot who lived in the early 14th century and who was renowned for his skill as an archer.
101. (Babylonian) The sky god.
102. Either extremity of something that has length.
103. Shrubby tree widely distributed along tropical shores.
104. Acute lung injury characterized by coughing and rales.
105. Tag the base runner to get him out.
1. The sacred city of Lamaism.
2. Having help.
3. Wheelwork consisting of a connected set of rotating gears by which force is transmitted or motion or torque is changed.
4. A great waterfall on the border between Brazil and Paraguay.
5. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 100 liters.
6. Used of a single unit or thing.
7. A battle during the American Revolutionary War (1777).
8. (British) Traditional jazz as revived in the 1950s.
9. Having four equal sides and four right angles or forming a right angle.
10. Any wrongdoing for which and action for damages may be brought.
11. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
12. (chemistry) P(otential of) H(ydrogen).
13. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
14. Fallow deer.
15. Lacking in liveliness or charm or surprise.
21. Any of several bushy-tailed rodents of the genus Neotoma of western North America.
23. A silvery malleable metallic element that resists corrosion.
24. Soviet physicist who worked on low temperature physics (1908-1968).
26. Similar to the striped mullet and takes its place in the Caribbean region.
30. Meat from a domestic hog or pig.
33. Of or pertaining to or characteristic of Nepal or its people or language or culture.
34. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
35. An informal term for a father.
37. Attach a yoke or harness to, as of a draft animal.
38. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Clinoril).
39. An almond-shaped neural structure in the anterior part of the temporal lobe of the cerebrum.
41. Being of the age 13 through 19.
42. A descent down a nearly vertical surface by using a doubled rope that is coiled around the body and attached to some higher point.
44. A Christian Bishop who translated the Bible from Greek into Gothic (311-382).
46. A person forced to flee from home or country.
49. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
52. Feline mammal usually having thick soft fur and being unable to roar.
54. Beat thoroughly in a competition or fight.
58. The serum or watery part of milk that is separated from the curd in making cheese.
59. A frame attached to a wagon to increase the amount of hay it can carry.
61. A class of proteins produced in lymph tissue in vertebrates and that function as antibodies in the immune response.
62. When dried yields a hard substance used e.g. in golf balls.
64. A member of the Wakashan people living on Vancouver Island and in the Cape Flattery region of northwestern Washington.
68. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
70. A traveler who makes a long arduous journey (as hiking through mountainous country).
71. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
76. An ancient Greek city famous for military prowess.
77. An uproarious party.
78. Inhabitant of the island of Cebu.
79. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
81. A person to whom money is paid.
83. Production of a certain amount.
85. Very dark black.
86. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
87. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
88. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
90. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
91. Material used to daub walls.
93. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
95. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
99. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.