1. Rare (usually fatal) brain disease (usually in middle age) caused by an unidentified slow virus.
4. Czech novelist who wrote in German about a nightmarish world of isolated and troubled individuals (1883-1924).
9. The front of the head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear.
13. Chiefly perennial grasses of cool temperate regions.
16. Fish eggs or egg-filled ovary.
17. Used of the older of two persons of the same name especially used to distinguish a father from his son.
18. In bed.
19. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
20. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
21. Jordan's port.
22. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
23. (in Scotland or Ireland) A mountain or tall hill.
24. When dried yields a hard substance used e.g. in golf balls.
26. Lower in esteem.
28. Lighted up by or as by fire or flame.
29. An informal term for a father.
30. The second great battle of the American Civil War (1862).
31. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
33. Toward the mouth or oral region.
34. Denoting a quantity consisting of one more than eight and one less than ten.
38. Scottish writer of rustic verse (1770-1835).
40. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
43. A scholar who specializes in Arab languages and culture.
47. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
48. A tall perennial woody plant having a main trunk and branches forming a distinct elevated crown.
50. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
51. The fifth day of the week.
53. Pasture grass of plains of South America and western North America.
55. American poet (born in England) (1907-1973).
56. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
58. Very dark black.
60. A town in north central Oklahoma.
62. Any of the three Fates or goddesses of destiny.
63. Unaffected by time.
65. (Roman mythology) A princess of Tyre who was the founder and queen of Carthage.
66. Having finished or arrived at completion.
67. Whining in a tearful manner.
68. Brilliantly colored arboreal fruit-eating bird of tropical America having a very large thin-walled beak.
70. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
71. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
73. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
74. Oval reproductive body of a fowl (especially a hen) used as food.
77. Unknown god.
78. Involving the entire earth.
81. Make less active or intense.
85. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
91. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
92. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
94. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
96. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
97. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
98. Port city of Denmark in eastern Jutland.
99. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
100. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
101. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
102. Grind together, of teeth.
103. A primeval personification of air and breath.
104. A doctor's degree in education.
1. Infestation of the pubic hair by crab lice.
2. (Old Testament) Jonah did not wish to become a prophet so God caused a great storm to throw him overboard from a ship.
3. Social or verbal interchange (usually followed by `with').
4. United States comedian and actor in silent films noted for his acrobatic skills and deadpan face (1895-1966).
5. Hypothetical universal solvent once sought by alchemists.
6. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
7. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
8. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
9. King of Saudi Arabia from 1964 to 1975 (1906-1975).
10. A French abbot.
11. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
12. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
13. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
14. A drama set to music.
15. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
25. Lighted up by or as by fire or flame.
27. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
29. So enveloped in fog that it is not safe to move about.
32. (British) A check given by the British government to someone who is unemployed.
35. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
36. Small family of usually tropical butterflies.
37. A quantity of no importance.
39. Egg-shaped terra-cotta wind instrument with a mouthpiece and finger holes.
41. An ancient city in southeastern Greece.
42. German physicist and chemist who formulated the third law of thermodynamics (1864-1941).
44. Located, suited for, or taking place within a building.
45. A genus of Sterninae.
46. (of skin) Having a tan color from exposure to the sun.
49. Of or related to the amnion or characterized by developing an amnion.
52. Capital of the state of Montana.
54. A white fatty substance that forms a medullary sheath around the axis cylinder of some nerve fibers.
57. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
59. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity equal to 10 decibels.
61. The basic unit of money in Vietnam.
64. Call forth.
69. Thin deep-water tropical fish 20 to 30 feet long having a red dorsal fin.
72. The basic unit of money in Zambia.
75. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
76. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
79. God of the underworld.
80. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
81. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
82. The clay from which adobe bricks are made.
83. Brought from wildness into a domesticated state.
84. To fix or set securely or deeply.
86. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
87. A small cake leavened with yeast.
88. Affected by wear.
89. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
90. An international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security.
93. A flexible container with a single opening.
95. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.