1. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
4. Order by virtue of superior authority.
9. Cloak that is folded or wrapped around a person.
13. A syndrome that occurs in many women from 2 to 14 days before the onset of menstruation.
16. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
17. A wealthy man (who made his fortune in the Orient).
18. Paying particular notice (as to children or helpless people).
19. Take in solid food.
20. Optical instrument consisting of a pair of lenses for correcting defective vision.
22. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
25. United States artist whose work reflected social and political themes (1898-1969).
26. The act of clasping another person in the arms (as in greeting or affection).
28. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
29. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
31. Becoming rotten.
33. Type genus of the Viperidae.
37. Dip a foot or hand briefly into a liquid.
41. A river in southeastern France.
44. Any of the openings to the nasal cavities that allow air to flow through the cavities to the pharynx.
45. An antidepressant drug that acts by blocking the reuptake of serotonin so that more serotonin is available to act on receptors in the brain.
47. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
48. An active and efficient cause.
49. Fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan.
50. A town in north central Oklahoma.
52. Noisy talk.
54. How long something has existed.
55. (informal) Of the highest quality.
57. Jordan's port.
61. (India) Flat pancake-like bread cooked on a griddle.
63. Hungarian composer of light operas (1870-1948).
64. A commercial leavening agent containing yeast cells.
65. The emotion of hate.
66. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
68. Creeping evergreen shrub having narrow overlapping leaves and early white star-shaped flowers.
69. One of four subclasses or superorder of Monocotyledones.
72. Make amends for.
74. A notable achievement.
75. The sound of a bell rung slowly to announce a death or a funeral or the end of something v 1.
76. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
78. A region of northeastern Italy on the Adriatic.
80. A heavy ductile magnetic metallic element.
86. A public promotion of some product or service.
87. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
90. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
91. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
93. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
94. Other than what is under consideration or implied.
96. Tag the base runner to get him out.
97. (British) Traditional jazz as revived in the 1950s.
98. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
99. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
1. Express or utter with a hiss.
2. The 11th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
3. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
4. Take or catch as if in a snare or trap.
5. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
6. A French abbot.
7. Solid swollen underground bulb-shaped stem or stem base and serving as a reproductive structure.
8. A metallic element of the rare earth group.
9. Small songbird of northern America and Eurasia having a distinctive white rump.
10. Show a response or a reaction to something.
11. An epic in Latin by Virgil.
12. A sliver-white metallic element of the platinum group that resembles platinum.
13. Sweet juicy gritty-textured fruit available in many varieties.
14. Type genus of the Majidae.
15. A thrusting blow with a knife.
21. A farewell remark.
23. A genus of Hirundinidae.
24. A motley assortment of things.
27. (informal) Exceptionally good.
30. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
32. Indian religious leader who founded Sikhism (1469-1538).
34. (Old Testament) A son of Jacob and a forebear of one of the tribes of Israel.
35. Spread or diffuse through.
36. A desert in central Asia.
38. West Indian timber tree having very hard wood.
39. Women's underwear and nightclothes.
40. Having an illustrious reputation.
42. A person who eats human flesh.
43. A person who lacks confidence, is irresolute and wishy-washy.
46. A fractional monetary unit of several countries.
51. Herb of the Pacific islands grown throughout the tropics for its edible root and in temperate areas as an ornamental for its large glossy leaves.
53. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
56. A state in midwestern United States.
58. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
59. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
60. An ancient Greek colony on the Asiatic side of the Dardanelles.
62. Obscene terms for penis.
67. King of Wessex.
68. A metallic element of the rare earth group.
70. Constituting the undiminished entirety.
71. Tall East Indian cedar having spreading branches with nodding tips.
73. Imperial moths.
77. The cry made by sheep.
79. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
81. Among the largest bony fish.
82. A kiln for drying hops.
83. Being the one previously mentioned or spoken of.
84. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
85. An international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security.
88. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
89. God of the earth.
90. A drop of the clear salty saline solution secreted by the lacrimal glands.
92. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
95. A Mid-Atlantic state.