1. An operating system that is on a disk.
4. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
8. An edge tool used to cut and shape wood.
12. In addition.
16. (usually followed by `to') Naturally disposed toward.
17. A human female who does housework.
18. The right to take another's property if an obligation is not discharged.
19. Gather, as of as crops.
20. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
22. A narcotic drug that contains opium or an opium derivative.
24. Tall coarse perennial American herb having small white flowers followed by blackish-red berries on long drooping racemes.
25. A city in northwestern Syria.
26. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
28. Effusively or insincerely emotional.
30. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
32. The clay from which adobe bricks are made.
34. An narrative telling the adventures of a hero or a family.
35. A hidden drawback.
37. Informal terms for a meal.
39. Taken or to be taken at random.
42. Before noon.
43. Cannon of plate armor protecting the forearm.
46. Not in action or at work.
47. Coming at a subsequent time or stage.
50. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
51. The eleventh month of the civil year.
52. A law passed by US Congress to prevent employees from being injured or contracting diseases in the course of their employment.
53. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
54. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
56. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
58. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
59. A cage in which a bird is kept.
62. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
65. A town in central Pennsylvania.
66. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
68. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
69. Basically shredded cabbage.
70. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
73. A primitive stone mill for grinding corn by hand.
74. Any of several trees or shrubs of the genus Carpinus.
76. Two items of the same kind.
78. Emblem usually consisting of a rectangular piece of cloth of distinctive design.
79. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
80. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
82. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
89. Physical discomfort (as mild sickness or depression).
93. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
95. An attendant who carries the golf clubs for a player.
96. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
97. A purgative made from the leaves of aloe.
98. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
100. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
101. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
102. A loud harsh or strident noise.
103. An informal term for a father.
104. French marshal in the Napoleonic Wars (1769-1815).
1. Fallow deer.
2. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
3. A thoroughfare (usually including sidewalks) that is lined with buildings.
4. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
5. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
6. Informal terms for a mother.
7. Having great (or a certain) extent from one side to the other.
8. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
9. An oral antidiabetic drug (trade names DiaBeta and Micronase) that stimulates the release of insulin from the pancreas.
10. The 6th letter of the Greek alphabet.
11. The Uralic language spoken by the Yeniseian people.
12. A chord whose notes are played in rapid succession rather than simultaneously.
13. Skintight knit hose covering the body from the waist to the feet worn by acrobats and dancers and as stockings by women and girls.
14. British writer of short stories (1870-1916).
15. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
21. Any member of Athapaskan tribes that migrated to the southwestern desert (from Arizona to Texas and south into Mexico).
23. The cardinal number that is the sum of four and one.
27. An island of central Hawaii.
29. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
31. A blood group antigen possessed by Rh-positive people.
33. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
36. A city in the northern panhandle of Texas.
38. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
40. A palace and fortress built in Granada by the Moslems in the Middle Ages.
41. Hunting rabbits with beagles.
44. (trademark) A liquid that temporarily disables a person.
45. Avoid or try to avoid, as of duties, questions and issues.
48. A salt used especially in baking powder.
49. Law intended to eradicate organized crime by establishing strong sanctions and forfeiture provisions.
55. (the feminine of raja) A Hindu princess or the wife of a raja.
57. An analytic or interpretive literary composition.
60. Made to fall (as by striking or cutting or shooting or by illness or exhaustion).
61. Offering fun and gaiety.
63. Filled with something.
64. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
67. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
71. Give or delegate power to.
72. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
75. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
77. Expletives used informally as intensifiers.
81. Squash bugs.
83. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
84. The sixth month of the civil year.
85. Characterized by rising prices.
86. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
87. Serving as or forming a base.
88. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
90. Chief port of Yemen.
91. A title of address formerly used for a man of rank and authority.
92. Suggestive of the supernatural.
94. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
99. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.